Steve Jobs Was on a Mission to Destroy Android

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wow you guys are cold. The man is an inspiration to put all of your pride and energy into what you're passionate about. You a$$holes can't have any of that trying to sh*t on somebody else's life (especially in wake of his death). I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you guys don't have many friends... Lol

G

Resentement, Rage and Revenge are three things that will eat you up inside. Get over them, life is to short to waste.

Northern Shepherd

Dacatak

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]cadder[/nom]How ironic- Jobs the master thief himself, accusing someone else of theft.[/citation]

It certainly takes one to know one huh?

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I was doing some things (not all) on a VX 6700 (XV6700?), some 5 years ago, that have made it to iphone and droid recently. They involved a TON of configuration that no typical end-user would do, but, when stitched together properly, you I got some of the same results. Windows Mobile 5.
I am certain that Apple did not "invent" some of these features.
I'll give them the "we made it possible with a single tap" and passing the grandma test portion; but invent, they did not.

I actually *miss* using a stylus.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Things that Apple and Steve job stole from other people.
1) GUI Interface from Xerox. Xerox Alto was the first pc which uses the GUI interface, which the MAC subsequently copies.
2) iPhone. They stole the idea from MS mobile phones and PDAs (which MS stole from someone else, but that is beside the point...). Nokia and others also have many claims to this as well. Apple is just the new kid on the block.
3) Calendar in iPhone,,,,copies from billions of smartphone OS before.
4) Clock in iPhone...same...
5) Do i need to say more???

Apple is just a bloody patent troll. They should stop trolling and COMPETE like everyone else.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]Compuservant[/nom]I think you are proving my point. I hate to break it to you but Star Trek isn't real. There is no such thing as a teleporter (unfortunately, Mr. Jobs didn't live long enough to make it a reality.) The point was that hiding behind a computer screen makes dweebs like you think you could "bash" or "flame Apple" or anything for that matter. Call it CGT if you will, "Computer Generated Tough-Guy."[/citation]

Ummm... I am flaming Apple. Right now. Apple sucks. Mac suck. iPhone is garbage. See? I'm doing it. And stealing customers from Apple as I'm typing this. Every customer who is educated on what s/he is paying for will not buy an Apple product.

And just in case you didn't get my sarcasm, of course personal teleporter isn't real (if Jobs would invent it, he would probably restrict it to "approved" areas, but then Google would make it open for everyone, lol). Thus I'm [:amk-aka-phantom:1] hiding behind my screen [:amk-aka-phantom:1]. Got it?

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Compuservant[/nom]I think you are proving my point. I hate to break it to you but Star Trek isn't real. There is no such thing as a teleporter (unfortunately, Mr. Jobs didn't live long enough to make it a reality.) The point was that hiding behind a computer screen makes dweebs like you think you could "bash" or "flame Apple" or anything for that matter. Call it CGT if you will, "Computer Generated Tough-Guy."[/citation]
I'm still wondering what technology did Apple create that innovative.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]I really dislike CrApple fanboys who don't know what they're talking about. IF you did your homework, you would know that Android OS was around before CrApple's iOS. "Android, Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California, United States in October, 2003 by Andy Rubin" "Google acquired Android Inc. in August 2005, making Android Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Google Inc." That was long before CrApple iOS was around, which was only released on June 29, 2007. Yes CrApple released their iOS on a device "first", but Android OS was around before iOS was a whimper of a thought in Jobs' brain. The first iPhone used a stripped down version of Mac OS X, not a truly independent mobile platform like Android. All this information is readily available on the internet, try using your brain to find the facts before you spout off some nonsense.[/citation]

Android was released on 20 September 2008

iOS was released on June 29, 2007

You have no clue when Apple started development of iOS, but based on the fact that it was released well over a year earlier, it could well have started development well before Android was even founded.

Labelling iOS as a 'stripped down version of Mac OS X' is completely irrelevant - it was still a mobile OS - which is the essence of what both are. Being 'independent' means nothing if it works on mobile devices.

You say 'before iOS was a whimper of a thought in Jobs' brain' - but that's pure, unsubstantiated opinion. In fact the evidence suggests the opposite.

To quote you:

'try using your brain to find the facts before you spout off some nonsense'

Shinobi_III

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Samsung already proved they were ahead of ios with their icon arrangement, the phone itself never caught interest in the public.
But that case against, or that part of it anyway, was quickly settled.

It's been the same with every time they sue. They expect to patent how to draw a circle with a pencil.

The fake evidence in the Galaxy Tab thing, says a whole lot though. Or said, I guess.
Let's hope Apple becomes a little less fanatic, and spends some more time making the devices more environmentally friendly now that he's gone.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Android was released on 20 September 2008iOS was released on June 29, 2007You have no clue when Apple started development of iOS, but based on the fact that it was released well over a year earlier, it could well have started development well before Android was even founded.Labelling iOS as a 'stripped down version of Mac OS X' is completely irrelevant - it was still a mobile OS - which is the essence of what both are. Being 'independent' means nothing if it works on mobile devices.You say 'before iOS was a whimper of a thought in Jobs' brain' - but that's pure, unsubstantiated opinion. In fact the evidence suggests the opposite.To quote you:'try using your brain to find the facts before you spout off some nonsense'[/citation]
What about all those other phone/PDA OSes that were launched well before the iPhone OS.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
"I don't want your money. If you offer me $5 billion, I won't want it. I've got plenty of money. I want you to stop using our menu in the iPod, that's all I want," Creative told Apple.

"I don't want your money. If you offer me $5 billion, I won't want it. I've got plenty of money. I want you to stop using our logo, that's all I want," The Beatles told Apple.

"I don't want your money. If you offer me $5 billion, I won't want it. I've got plenty of money. I want you to stop using the iPhone name, that's all I want," Cisco told Apple.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Doesn't matter if Star Trek isn't real, in patent terms it's called prior art.

Status
Not open for further replies.