Steve Jobs Was on a Mission to Destroy Android

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]dirtyferret[/nom]damn, too bad Jobs passed away so early in life, I would have enjoyed watching him piss away his wealth fighting google[/citation]

there is no way he would be able to get rid of all of it with the apple sheep buying every version of apple's products.

G

Apple totaly did not steal Siri from the Dreamcast game, Seaman. T__T

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Nope. I hate Apple exactly the same way! Just I wouldn't spend a single penny to destroy them. Well... maybe a bit[/citation]

Most poor people do; it is called jealousy / envy.

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Maybe make it where cheaper phones could use the ioS. The reason why Apple is starting to lose share is because the LOCK their stuff down to much and they price it to high. Not to mention the monthly bill.

You can do more on Google for a much cheaper price.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]iamsexyrob[/nom]mission fail.. seems odd that recent IOS additions mimic features that have been in andriod for years.[/citation]

Unlike the Android OS itself which is entirely a copy of iOS interface, look and feel, hmmmm.... There are pics on the web of Android prototype phones before the iPhone was released. The Android prototypes look like blackberrys. Sure Android has added features afterwards that iOS has copied. But at the start Android is a copy of iOS.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]He failed in life.[/citation]

The only reason Andtards like you have an iPhone like phone is because iOS and iPhone were released first and Android copied it. Android prototypes before iPhone look the blackberry. Sure Android added some features. Android first copied blackberry and then copied iphone. So get a clue please for your own sake, thxs.

toxin440

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
I'll just leave this right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU

It's a 1994 interview where steve jobs says "good artists copy, great artists steal"

Steve jobs was a certified wack job if he can't see his failed logic. I'm sure after 10 or 20 years of getting kicked around in the tech world he built up delusions of grandeur in his mind.

I'd have so much more respect for him if he wasn't a hypocrite, a liar, and a douche. Glad he's gone.

someonewhoknowsalittle

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
Ok, so Jobs was a genius greatly responsible for bringing the successful innovations of the Macs, iTunes, iPod, iPad and iPhone to a profitable share of the market. No one is disputing that. But what a jealous, revengeful, angry, vicious, underhanded, self-righteous, overly proud, egotistical, harsh jerk he was! Contrast Jobs to someone with spiritual values like Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Mohandas Gandhi, Walesa or Irina Sendler. I am sorry for his suffering and his family's loss but Jobs was a creepy, sorry excuse for a human being. You know it's true, sad but true.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I am "shocked" (not really) by this revelation! He actually wanted to discredit his major competition (against iOS). Sounds like every other competitor in just about every other market on the planet......

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]no apple just made it so the phone talks back to you[/citation]

Well in that case, all you need now is to strap the iPhone 4S to a Fleshlight, and lonely nerds forever will be thanking you. :)

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
""Today, in psychology, narcissistic personality disorder is a mental illness characterized by a lack of empathy, a willingness to exploit others, and an inflated sense of self-importance. In popular discourse, "narcissism" is a widely-used term for a range of selfish behaviors. Cultural critics including Christopher Lasch have applied the term "narcissism" more generally to contemporary American culture. Some experts believe a disproportionate number of pathological narcissists are at work in the most influential reaches of society, such as medicine, finance, and politics."" -Wiki

.. and computer technology.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Wow, seriously? Because you applied generic OS principles to a touch screen means you invented these things? Get a grip...

Right up there was patenting a software phone that, works like a real phone, only it is software. (whooo what a new invention)

It's not like most of this stuff was used in telematics a decade ago. (look we put it on a touch screen, it is new!)

Hell... you could make an argument that iOS and Andrioid are barely any different from Win98 active desktop.

Or how about QNX's photon OS? (wooo we put it on a touch screen, this is brand new!!!! You copy cat THIEF!) There is a reason BlackBerry bought them...

There is something very wrong with the technology industry....

Status
Not open for further replies.