Steve Jobs: You're Holding iPhone 4 the Wrong Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Yup, I'm afraid this is a real problem. I may love Apple products and apart from this love my iPhone 4, the aerial design as it stands is an epic fail. I'm not going to blindly accept it's a non-issue because Steve Jobs says so.

RooD

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
how did i know he would say hold it differently... wtf?... DROID DOES STEVEN TRULY IT DOES, i can touch and hold it anywhere and it does what iWant

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
That's not a serious solution btw, I created it as a joke but it does stop reception dropping from four bars to no signal. Instead it only drops to two. Needless to say, I am *not* using that fix!!

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
That is piss poor customer service!!! They should take a lesson from Nintendo, and include the bumper accessory for FREE!!!! Instead, they are charging customers $29 for an accessory that is basically required to make the phone work properly. I was planning on getting an iPhone 4, but I am now holding off until the company steps up and does the right thing.

I am really put off by the overly cocky and arrogant stance they are taking with this huge issue.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
How many people guessed that this would be Apples response? Jeebus Krist! Admit it was a mistake and ship people free iBands or whatever you called em. I bet every tester for the iPhone4 wore latex gloves so as not to contaminate the product, and therefore, no one noticed this little issue during quality control.

Seriously, "Just don't hold it that way?" You have got to be f-ing kidding me. Gotta love their own advertisements showing people holding it "that way". The same way everyone holds a cell phone.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]ghostie[/nom]Well at least Apple's response to this has stopped me buying one[/citation]

Look on the bright side, you and I saved ourselves at least $200.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
The iphone is to hot for human to handle. If you have one make sure you put it on the table and use bluetooth headset if you want to make a call or answer one.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
the apple fascism continues. Next steve will be dictating what food you can eat without voiding your warranty... "we dont want fat apple users" will be his slogan.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
If you were to hold the iPhone4 in the same way Jobs and is apple cronies are treating their customers, you would be holding it like this:

phone_in_butt_2.jpg

catswold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
This is what happens when you become a fanboi. Jobs doesn't care about you or what kind of problems you are having, he knows you will buy it just because it is the "latest and greatest" and you know you just have to have it.

Jobs is laughing all the way to the bank and saying to himself as he shakes his head, "Suckers!"

i7Rocks

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Well Steve at least those other companies actually do put a warning on their phones to let users know of their design flaws and don't try to cover it up or blame the user for it. And btw my old LG phone had a label warning not to cover a certain spot and to be honest even when i did it barely effected the service, never dropped it all the way. I can touch my droid wherever I want and never lose a bar. I love the pics of apples own ads showing people "holding wrong" LMAO!!

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]If you were to hold the iPhone4 in the same way Jobs and is apple cronies are treating their customers, you would be holding it like this:[/citation]

LOL +1

That post deserved some positive rep!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.