Solved! Stop annoying microphone dictation feedback sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobe12

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2016
Hi:

I have a Galaxy S-10.

When voice Texting I tap on the microphone and there's one loud ding. If I hit the x to cancel the voice input it dings twice. It does this on all text apps on my phone.

These annoying feedback sounds also happens when I press the microphone to dictate in Gmail.

I've gone into each text app and turned off sound under Feedback. The only way to stop it is to turn media sound off ... but then I don't get any sound for for videos or music.

Under Settings, Sounds I went into System Sounds and turned off all system sounds

Interaction and Dexterity are all turned off

Key-tap feedback "Sound" are turned off

Nothing, except turning down the media volume, stops the feedback sounds.

Thankfully there's no annoying feedback when I press the google microphone symbol.

Does anyone know how to silence these annoying feedback sounds without turning the whole media volume off?

Thank you

Solution
It depends. Could be any app. Have you tried starting it up in "Safe Mode" and trying to use that option? While you can't use most apps in that mode, you can use some.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

dobe12

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2016
Thanks for the response. I think it's been happening since I got the Galaxy S10 last April. What else could be installed on the phone that could cause this?

Thanks.

It depends. Could be any app. Have you tried starting it up in "Safe Mode" and trying to use that option? While you can't use most apps in that mode, you can use some.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.