Strange audible feedback on laptop.

robjjohnsenwork

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
Hi,

I have recently purchased the Asus Rog Gl503VM Strix Scar Edition and while the laptop is running as expected , I am having a strange issue with the keyboard...

When I type on a glass surface or hold laptop in one hand and type , I am hearing a feedback sound. As if something is slightly loose under the keypad / numpad region.
When I put it on my lap/on a wooden surface, there is no feedback.
This makes me think there is something slightly loose which is not audible when it is sitting on a surface that has some absorption.
I can also produce the sound by tapping on the arm rest area and under the keypad.
I have spent alot of my saved money on this product so Im aware I could be slightly paranoid about the quality being perfect (have 15days for a swap), and I have never owned a Windows laptop before but please could you give me some advise.

I got my girlfriend to listen to the sound I was describing and she could also hear it.

Thanks alot.

robjjohnsenwork

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking about doing that. However it needs to be hardware related which I'm not sure if this is? Can't even imagine trying to prove this issue to them in the busy store