Strange "restricted" phone calls that don't register on call log

Status
Not open for further replies.

starskipper

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Hello,
So I've been receiving phone calls from a restricted number lately. I answered once and only heard silence when I picked up; since then I've ignored these calls.
The strange part, besides the fact that this is a recently activated phone whose number very few people have, is that when I go to view my missed calls, the restricted call does not show up on the list, nor on my list of recents.
Any thoughts? I'm rather creeped out by these ghost calls, and am beginning to get a little paranoid.

yellowtrain

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

Probably an international telemarketing call. I get them, too. I always report the phone number to consumer complaint sites such as http://www.callercenter.com so everybody knows. I even called my telephone company once to stop them but unfortunately, they couldn't do anything about blocking this type of calls.

So I figured, with them, you only get two options. It's either you ignore the call and keep them coming or pull up a prank so you can annoy them, they stay on the phone longer, pay more and then they'd never call you again because you're just a waste of their time. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.