Strange signal loss, Sky TV

lixah

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Hey i have a really strange problem with my sky tv.

recently i got the "no satellite signal is being received" (29) error. and i received 0 signal, thought this was strange since the sky box has not even been touched or moved. so i tried some stuff but couldnt get it to work, i phoned sky, they walked me through resetting the settings etc, then running a software update (plug pull, turn on with update button pressed etc) this ran a software update, and the sky box was then working perfectly again (this was all at ~7pm or so) i come to watch tv at ~3am and i get the exact same error, 0 signal is being received now the software update does nothing, i've tried all the old tricks, powering off 5min, resetting signal settings, etc,etc. but it seems like the box just wont work at this time, i have no idea how/what could be causing this. any help is appreciated.

I will post weather or not the box works in the morning/daytime tomrrow.

please ask if you need more information, or i missed something :)

just adding, the box is the latest "flow" thompson one. its a regular digibox.

claydavis

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Actually, there will some problem during rainy season or if there is a any strong breeze over the Dish TV Set up. It will come to normal gradually after some time. Don;t worry about it.

claydavis

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Actually, there will some problem during rainy season or if there is a any strong breeze over the Dish TV Set up. It will come to normal gradually after some time. Don;t worry about it.