Stream HD VE Streams HD Content From PC to HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Kaiser_25[/nom]130$ seems a little steep...but i guess cheaper than a new TV that may not be needed..?[/citation]
Agreed. Now a days you can build a HTPC pretty cheap around 200dollars. Also, I'm pretty sure not everyone has a PC that is in line of sight from their HDTV and they probably don't want to move their PC near their TV.

Blink

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Agreed. Now a days you can build a HTPC pretty cheap around 200dollars. Also, I'm pretty sure not everyone has a PC that is in line of sight from their HDTV and they probably don't want to move their PC near their TV.[/citation]

$200 HTPC? Not one that won't studder the whole time.

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]A Zotac, Shuttle, etc with XBMC works just fine for me. Plus alot more freedom as far as what you can stream.[/citation]
Don't see how you get more freedom than using a PC. This thing basically is a wireless monitor. It isn't a bad price but it doesn't support HDCP or 5.1 surround. You have to go up to their $160 model for 5.1, but still no HDCP, so no blu-ray.

I built my HTPC for ~$350 1.5 years ago, so this is cheaper, but I also didn't have a PC in range of my TV and wasn't going to put it there either.

ansemx324

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
I'm pretty sure Slingbox has had a box that did this a long time ago (slingcatcher), albeit not in 1080p, but it also allowed you to do more things other than just do a wireless 2nd monitor.

http://www.amazon.com/Sling-Media-SlingCatcher-SC100-100-Universal/dp/B000VXD2S8

Aside from that, I thought there was something called WiDi that was doing this now too and is now being built into a lot of Smart TVs (or you can buy a separate receiver for less than $100)

If this was new tech I could maybe see the price point, but with the competition and the age of the idea it seems a little steep

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
This could potentially be good for my living room. My gaming PC is across the room from the TV so a wired HDMI is no option. It would be interesting to see if the more powerful processors could handle gaming with this type of setup. It sounds like the USB adapter requires quite a bit of processing power.

CyberAngel

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
my 5 yard cable was cheaper
(a 10 yard would also be cheaper)
poor me...everything else wireless except
my parent's TV as a monitor for movies
when I visit them every Christ's Mass
The cable is always there for me and my laptop and
that Christian movie, different each year (sometimes animated)

Happy wireless holidays those who can afford the top model
(and have the needed GHz, HDTV, etc)

Does anyone know when the 1.4a (3D over HDMI) support is available?

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
This is a waste of time. I already have a perfect solution at Home. C2D PC 2.6Ghz, 4GB RAM, ATI 5450 GPU, 6.6TB HD Space....it does: 24/7 downloading, media streaming to multiple device in my house, remote living room TV connected using WDTV Live using wired connections via Aztech 500MBps power plug line, TVERSITY as the streaming software (can even set to decode files not supported by my WDTV Live, ex: RMVB)....it basically does everything and feed all the TV's, laptops and PCs in my house with medias 24/7, with new media available instantly upon download completes. And it is not very expensive either (just the PC, not including the TVs of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.