Stream picture from one TV to another

rodney_j

Estimable
Dec 7, 2015
Hi team,
This might be any easy one for someone.

Scenario: Have 80"Sharp hooked to Surround sound in our lounge-dining next to our entertaining and pool area. Am going to put smaller 2nd TV in entertainment area, this can be seen while in the pool and in the entertainment area

I would like to continue to use the 80" and surround system for sound, as it is big enough to fill inside and outside area. However I would like to use the picture on the 80" on the 2nd smaller TV outside, as well.

Is it possible to transmit the picture from the main TV to the second easily?

Thanks in advance for any comments or responses

Cheers
Rod

shag00

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
You have a few options here depending on where the signal going to the 80" is coming from, however the answer is generally yes you can. I am assuming you are not speaking about terrestrial broadcast here but rather a signal that comes from a PC or an amplifier of some sort.

The easiest thing to do, if you can, is to buy a HDMI splitter and connect both TVs. If that is not possible then you might want to explain your setup in more detail.

Archaic59

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
Don't know of any tv's with an hdmi output but you can split the signal at the source.
Here's an example- http://www.tripplite.com/4k-hdmi-splitter-ultra-hd-4kx2k-video-audio-3840x2160-4-port~B118004UHD/

boju

Distinguished
Best a TV will have if it can transmit video out is av as i do this channeling video over several meters of coax and audio over cat5 (tried video over cat5 having the extra wires but video was distorted, found video needed to be 75ohms which coax is, cat5 is like 100ohms) to the gazebo out back watching sport while having a fire. Only thing the other TV needed to be on.

I don't think HDMI out on TVs are available so only practical choice is to have a splitter. AVRs have HDMI out, usually only 1 though.