"Stream" videos from laptop/tablet to TV

StephanieMialki

Estimable
Oct 3, 2014
Hi all! I was wondering what everyone else used to watch internet videos (that you would access from your tablet or phone) on the bigger screen of your tv?

kanewolf

Judicious
Smart TVs have internet viewing built in. A streaming media player like a Roku is also an option used by many. A dedicated HTPC is an option for the deeper pockets group. A Google chromecast stick to convert a regular TV to a smarter TV ... There are almost as many ways to get internet content to a TV as there are people wanting to stream....

StephanieMialki

Estimable
Oct 3, 2014

Hey thanks for your response! I was wondering if you had ever heard of YouBeam TV? It seems like something that would work really well, I just wondered how it compared to other options....

kanewolf

Judicious

I am not familiar with that service. "YouBeam" as a web search term doesn't really return any useful technical data. Roku is probably your best choice for the number of different types of media supported.

Chraevihs

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
YouBeam TV does what GoogleChromecast does. However, Chromecast is a one time purchase whereas YouBeam has a monthly subscription fee.