Stress plastic cracks on a projector?

TheNaitsyrk

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
I was wondering whether it's normal when crack like lines are coming out of buttons on electrical equipment? I bought a new projector recently and I noticed weird lines coming out of each button on the plastic surface, it looks really bad and I was just wondering whether it's normal? Could it be stress plastic cracking? This is a new projector, and I have to admit that this is very annoying. Maybe heat does it to the projector?
4sftqo.jpg

Solution
My first thought would be cheap plastic and pressure from using the buttons(I have seen it on TVs and I think cable boxes at some point). If it is newer see if it is covered under warranty. If you have a remote, use that it may stop the issue from getting worse.

nukemaster

Distinguished
My first thought would be cheap plastic and pressure from using the buttons(I have seen it on TVs and I think cable boxes at some point). If it is newer see if it is covered under warranty. If you have a remote, use that it may stop the issue from getting worse.

Solution

TheNaitsyrk

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014

I've bought it less than two weeks ago, and I kept the protective plastic on until today when I noticed those lines. The projector is under warranty, I'm still thinking whether it's worth returning it because it works perfectly fine, it's just those lines that are not very aesthetically pleasing. I was thinking to cover them with warning stickers that I received with the projector, but I'll ask the company what I should do too. Thanks for the quick answer!

TheNaitsyrk

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014

It's only a visual kind of thing that annoys me. I could probably cover it with warning stickers but I'll check if there's a replacement part for the top casing tomorrow. Thank you!