Stubborn BitCoin Virus won't budge. GPU Usage 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborgcity

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
I don't think any one will be able to help with this but though I'd put it out there. I've had a bitcoin virus on my pc for 2-3 months now which pins my gpu usage at 100%. SInce I've recognized it I've just been leaving task manager open 24/7 as it kills the process. The virus also doesn't run when internet is off. I must of received it via torrenting. I've scoured forums and guides to know success. I've tried finding the process in processexplorer and initially I located the csrss.exe showing some gpu usage but this file can't be terminated and I couldn't find a fake replica of the file. Now in processexplorer I can't even locate any gpu usage files but the usage is still 100%. Anti Virus I've tried in safe mode with net off;
-Avast
-Avira
-Malware Bytes
-Rogue Killer
-Hitman Pro
-Adware Cleaner
-IOBit Malware Cleaner
-Norman Malware Cleaner
-Windows Scannow

All of these programs found malware which has been deleted but the virus is still there. The only option I see left is to completely wipe the hard drive but I don't wanna do that for obvious reasons and I keep hoping one of the virus programs will update and kill the virus. And also the virus isn't really operational with task manager open so I havn't been wearing out my gpu. If anyone has any experience with bitcoin viruses your help would be great.

Deehomes

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015
I'm not too familiar with bitcoins and how the whole process works, but if I were I would go ahead and do a fresh install of your OS. If you can, backup your files to an external drive of some sorts before wiping the hard drive. It's unfortunate you got a virus as nasty as that =/.

Lutfij

Splendid
Hey there cyborgcity,
Its pretty obvious that your foray into torrent downloading has lead you to endure with a secret passenger among your files. Although you need assistance, we, here on Tom's don't endorse and/or assist people with those who have used pirated content.

As an example I'll leave this thread open and in case you are unsure of your infraction please re-read the terms of use that you'd agreed upon during your registration.

cyborgcity

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
A simple refresh of win 8 has killed this virus. Turned out better than I thought as I really thought I'd have to reset to default and lose everything. Good to have a clean drive again.

Status
Not open for further replies.