Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Unplug the AC adapter off the laptop then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work, please do try connecting an external USB keyboard and mouse and see if that will work or not.
- Next to try is to boot the laptop into BIOS and see if it will load or not.
- If it will not boot into BIOS as well that could be a hardware related problem.
- Please do contact HP if the laptop is still under the factory warranty.