Stuck in Aptio Setup Utility page

AKA_Kuron

Estimable
Dec 3, 2015
MY MODEL: Asus Laptop Windows 8 model Ux303la

I've tried many methods like the one below, but I got stuck at step 5.
When I left it aside overnight, it suddenly worked again, so I didn't really give it much thought, but now it's not working again.

I dropped my laptop once (but surprisingly still functional) and that ^^^^^(above) happened before this, so I don't think the fact that I dropped it is the problem.

"provman said:
I have an Asus Notebook X501A and it has just happened to me; I am running Windows 8.1 and I have done nothing at all that may have caused this.

Here's what I did that was succesful:

1/ Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable
2/ Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable
3/ Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'
4/ Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely
5/ Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu
6/ Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears
7/ Select ' Advanced Options'
8/ Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occured

System Restore worked perfectly for me; good luck"

(Please help, if you have a solution please reply immediately! Thanks)

Solution
Hi,

Just want to make sure that I understand the issue correctly, the laptop is getting stuck on Aptio Utility screen right? And also you can't get pass that screen?Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.

- Do a hard reset first, remove the Battery and AC adapter from your laptop then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then see if it will get pass the BIOS screen (Aptio setup utility).
- If it doesn't boot up normally reset BIOS to defaults first, remove the CMOS battery for couple of seconds then just plug it back in and power the laptop again.
- Lastly, remove the HDD then power the laptop on and see if it will get pass the BIOS screen and if it does...
Hi,

Just want to make sure that I understand the issue correctly, the laptop is getting stuck on Aptio Utility screen right? And also you can't get pass that screen?Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.

- Do a hard reset first, remove the Battery and AC adapter from your laptop then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then see if it will get pass the BIOS screen (Aptio setup utility).
- If it doesn't boot up normally reset BIOS to defaults first, remove the CMOS battery for couple of seconds then just plug it back in and power the laptop again.
- Lastly, remove the HDD then power the laptop on and see if it will get pass the BIOS screen and if it does turn it back off put the HDD back in and if gets stuck again you know the suspect already.
- If the laptop won't still get pass the BIOS screen it's the motherboard that has the issue.
- You really need to send it for a repair if this is the case.

Solution