Solved! Stuck pixels and flickering screen.

Laptop_Issues

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Recently i woke up to my laptop having a horizontal row of stuck green pixels, and everything underneath that row was flickering/duplicating what was showing above the row of pixels. I decided to try using one of those videos which flash rgb rapidly to unstick pixels, which was successful!

The LCD is now working perfectly, but i am worried about the lifespan now.

Is this likely to happen again, or is it just an unfortunate occurrence?

Thanks,
Brendon

Solution
Well, if you are ready to replace the display, sooner is always better than later. :) If not, and if you have say an external monitor that isn't connected via HDMI it may work better. For some reason HDMI and Windows (especially 10) don't like to cooperate much.

Laptop_Issues

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
So it has happened again now, and the only common factor is it has happened after unplugging the HDMI cable that connects it to my monitor. This time it has not been fixed by the RGB flashing video, and im thinking i may need to replace the LCD.

Thoughts?

Well, if you are ready to replace the display, sooner is always better than later. :) If not, and if you have say an external monitor that isn't connected via HDMI it may work better. For some reason HDMI and Windows (especially 10) don't like to cooperate much.

Solution

Laptop_Issues

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

Hey, thanks for the reply.
The monitor still works perfectly through HDMI, it just seems that switching back to the laptop LCD is causing pixels to stick and other issues. I feel like it is not caused by the HDMI port but more the sudden change back to the LCD that is the issue.

Replacing the LCD seems like the best option at the moment, definitely will need it working without an external monitor in a month or two when university starts again.