Green and pink (And sometimes black) Flickering on my gaming laptop. Any solutions?

InvertedMode

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
So i recently bought a gaming laptop from ebay (the seller had almost 100% positive reviews from around 2,000 people) and for the first week it was everything i wanted. However, recently it's started to do this thing where it will flash the screen with pink and green stripes on part of the screen. This doesn't just happen when the screen is tilted at a certain angle, it has happened at any angle i can put it at. It'll also sometimes flash completely black for maybe half a second. Obviously this is very annoying and distracting, especially when trying to game or watch something.
I've installed the newest drivers for the integrated graphics and my nvidia graphics card which hasn't changed anything. Could this be something wrong with the LCD screen? (I've noticed that when it flashes green and pink it looks like my desktop background, that might just be me imagining things though)
I have also had a few windows notifications saying that my graphics driver has stopped working and successfully recovered, however this doesn't change the flickering and has even happened when the screen is in the middle of one of its moments.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test if it's a LCD or a GPU problem.
- Connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a normal display from it or not.
- If the external monitor will work just fine at any given angles on the laptop that means your GPU is okay the problem could in the LCD of the laptop.
- Try to open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- Unplug both ends then reconnect it and see if that will make any difference.
- If the same problem will persist I would suggest replacing the LCD of the laptop.

InvertedMode

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
I managed to completely get rid of the flickering, it turns out that the most updated graphics card driver for the intel graphics card was somehow corrupt as i rolled the driver back and the flickering had stopped.