Study: Average Age of 'Digital Birth' is Six Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Yep... this kind of thing can perhaps haunt your kids once they get older...

Depending on what kind of parents they are. But then again, the kind of crap you see on AFV shows that traumatizing kids with embarrassing home video is pretty much the norm now.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]My baby sister is currently 4 years old, and believe it or not, she's better in playing Sims 3 than I am....[/citation]

If your sister is only 4 that makes you what...about 10? Eek. Where are your parents at right now? Go get them. Tell them to slap themselves.

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I browse Youtube and see a video of some random infant stumbling across the floor as if it's the most awesome thing ever. Really? REALLY?
Listen, parent. Nobody else gives a darn. Stop spamming the internet with this crap. The same goes for videos and photos of cats and dogs.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]If your sister is only 4 that makes you what...about 10? Eek. Where are your parents at right now? Go get them. Tell them to slap themselves.[/citation]
what???? how does that make him/her 10? you're saying its impossible to have a kid 12 years apart? maybe he/she's 17 or 18 years old. gahhh, why don't people think about what they're saying before flaming.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I found strange that this article does not mention the online
PREDATORS and how parents appear not even concern about it.

(at least on this article)

I don't have kids but this would be my first concern.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I find it mostly useless, babies and toddlers are annoying, don't push your burden on the internet. Sure it's ok if you want to email a picture to another family member, but for everyone else, it is noise. Especially when people put the crap on youtube and because the idiots use a ton of unrelated keywords and stupid names, you always see those crappy videos even when you are searching for unrelated things. Random crap dealing with babies and stuff should be left for social networks where the info can be kept private or email where it is limited to people you know, instead of public for the world to be annoyed at.

fflam

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
i have a 2 year old and never post any pictures of them online. i rarely post there name or even there gender. though my mother does post pictures of them online. and i always ask her to remove names and only refer to them as there grandchild.

this day in age you have to monitor and protect your children more then you ever have before. its the same as "don't talk to strangers", or "look both ways when you cross the street.". my little one is just getting out of the phase (thank god) of grabbing random peoples hands and walking off with them. little one eventually gets the "hey your a stranger look", but if that stranger knew her name from a picture on the mothers facebook page.... oh you said mama. you know who i am.. ok you must be ok.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Chris_TC[/nom]I browse Youtube and see a video of some random infant stumbling across the floor as if it's the most awesome thing ever. Really? REALLY?Listen, parent. Nobody else gives a darn. Stop spamming the internet with this crap. The same goes for videos and photos of cats and dogs.[/citation]

But I LOVE kitties and puppies. and funny children, not the "lookie I can walk" children.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Parents surveyed were concerned, though. When asked about the amount of online information available on their children in future years, mothers said they were moderately concerned. Of all of them, Spanish mothers were the most concerned and Canadian mothers the least worried.

Probably because the Hispanic mother knows that their kids future depends on not being the child of an illegal. Be the parent one or not.

And it's true the US is a very hostile work environment, kinda, towards Hispanic workers. The whole " 'day terk 'er durrrb" thing is not something you want hanging over you.

Canadians have no such problem and no real fear of any kind of negative reprocussion over what they do because "hey we're Canadian! noone gives a crap what we do."

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Putting your kid on a YouTube video is one thing but on Facebook for example with their own profile and information etc it's complete non sense. It demonstrate the complete ignorance those parents have.

You can always put your kid on your own profile picture etc but at least restrict you privacy settings. It's strange because some people think that stuff on the internet is as safe as if you put it in a physical album. They says yes they know the difference until something bad happen to their kid. Oh well you can't cure stupidity.

cpburns

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
[citation][nom]BulkZerker[/nom]Probably because the Hispanic mother knows that their kids future depends on not being the child of an illegal. Be the parent one or not. And it's true the US is a very hostile work environment, kinda, towards Hispanic workers. The whole " 'day terk 'er durrrb" thing is not something you want hanging over you. Canadians have no such problem and no real fear of any kind of negative reprocussion over what they do because "hey we're Canadian! noone gives a crap what we do."[/citation]

Really, guy? Pretty ignorant to not recognize the glaring difference between "Spanish" and "Hispanic." Either way, your statements are just sweeping, ill-informed generalizations that press home the point that bigotry, whether well or ill-intended, is still ignorant.

And for the record, I'm a white male, and in every way unexceptional. I am not a defender of libertarianism. I just find you ignorant.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
nope dont upload picture, although its funny to watch my nephew be better at computers and navigation then his mom... did i mention he was 5? always good for a laugh.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]scione[/nom]20 years from now the newborns will google their names and find their whole life story on the internet.[/citation]
They'll have to set up a dedicated court to deal with all the lawsuits against parents when that happens.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Anyone else sick of people who put their kids' picture up on their FB profile instead of their own? ...Followed by 1,000 pictures of the baby sleeping, crying, looking confused, all with cutesy captions....

Status
Not open for further replies.