Study: Gamers Less Aggressive with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinu

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
Um this is not new.... My mom told me for years as I grew up that strangers are evil and want to do naughty things to you. The games just reinforce that. Perverts BEWARE!!! hahaha

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Never understood how people can equate playing violent videogames to violence in real life. I suppose those of the mainstream mentality would rather have people snap and perform violence on people for real than to have them relieve pent up stress in a virtual environment.

FoShizzleDizzle

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]badaxe2[/nom]Never understood how people can equate playing violent videogames to violence in real life. I suppose those of the mainstream mentality would rather have people snap and perform violence on people for real than to have them relieve pent up stress in a virtual environment.[/citation]

People, generally religious people, are always looking for something as being 'evil', especially when people would rather spend time with these activities instead of going to church. It used to be music for a long time, now it's video games that people blame for the at times disgustingly violent nature of society.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Ha. I'm equally aggressive to anyone. Me and my friends and family yell at each other all the time. I'm nicer to strangers who are on my team, unless they're purposely getting on my nerves. It also depends on if they're male or female. I wouldn't yell at my girlfriend.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Depends on the person. one of my friends is very confrontational but not agressive as far as fighting goes... I don't think gaming helps, the confrontation side sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.