Study: iPhone Users Are Delusional

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]rexoverbey[/nom]Wow is this a 'study' or some jealous guy ranting? 1. The first iphone was 2G, but did have wifi. So you can use a mifi and still get 3G speeds. Even though other 3G services (EVDO) are in some cases not much faster than the 2.5 EDGE. Even though there are two incarnations of the iphone that are 3G (Fastest 3G too HSDPA).2. The iphone can send MMS since 3.0. Which through Cydia was available all along. Also through the app store there were 3rd party apps.3. You can foward an SMS. Plus this is a big delusional complaint?4. The iphone has a poor camera? Really compared to what phones? It is a phone and actually the iphone gets pretty good reviews for it's camera speed and focusing. It does need a flash and a few more mexapixel would be great, but as other reviewers have said 3.2MP is fine for emai,and viewing pics on a phone. If you are looking to blow your pics up to print 8x10 you might look for a full feature camera w/ 15x optical zoom, image stabalization, face detection, real flash (not led), and 12 megapixel. IMO all phone cameras suck and probably always will be behind camera tech. WM users who think they have some awesome camera are the ones being delusional.5. I had Windows Mobile 6.1 and don't remember a lot of multi-tasking going on. Are they not real smartphones? Plus I use backgrounder and I am able to multitask. On top of that AT&T has true multi-tasking with DATA + VOICE 3G service which allows you to really multi-task on the phone.6. Again the same mutli-tasking argument going on. Plus what apps would be unusable? Where is the hard data to back that false claim up with?Plus the myth section is hysterical. Everyone of those are almost true instead of myth.http://www.mobilejaw.com/content/2 [...] _thumb.pnghttp://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/f3 [...] 95768.htmlhttp://www.businessinsider.com/cha [...] own-2009-8http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortun [...] 375-in-q2/http://theappleblog.com/2009/11/12 [...] are-again/The one about the iphone not be technological advanced. Hahahahaha.Fasted HSDPA radio, SGX GPU/VPU, 256MB RAM, Campacitive 3.5" wide screen w/ true multi-touch, GPS, Compass, Bluetooth 2.0, Core A8 processor running at 600mhz, 32GB of built in storage, Wifi, etc. Why is this article even being taken serious?[/citation]
All winmo phones have multitasking. Ever since I got my first winmo 'Tilt' yes AT&T, right out of the box I had Quad-band Windows Mobile 6 smartphone with integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS, 3G data speeds from AT&T's UMTS/HSDPA-based BroadbandConnect network, Full QWERTY keypad, touchscreen can tilt up to 40 degrees for optimal viewing in any situation, Up to 4 hours of talk time, up to 10 days of standby time, Includes: Li-Ion Battery, AC Wall Charger, Mini USB Sync Cable, Stylus and an Extra Stylus, Flash Camera, Video, SMS, MMS, IM, Gmail, Exchange, tether, MS docs, did I mention multitasking. Now consider this, the Tilt was out before the iPhone, and never had a revision until the release of the Touch Pro 2, of which I am a proud owner on the Verizon network. Verizon you ask, AT&T left me high and dry when it came time to upgrade. They were charging practically full price, no 3.5mm jack, and no full qwerty keyboard. They abandoned me and every other loyal winmo user over the iPhone.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]datawrecker[/nom] Why concern myself? Because, I did purchase an iPhone, and was very disappointed with it. I even mentioned it in the post you replied to. I just want others who are looking for the truth to know what I have found to be true. Are you so angry that someone could dare call out your beloved product that you refuse to even read the rest of the post? [/citation]
Well then your not the brightest guy to buy something you don't like... Sorry I guess the marketing department got you and you didn't think. Not my fault.

Steven Bancroft

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
My first post was flamed pretty hard on page 1 for wanting to know when the actual study was conducted and what model(s) iphone was used. Well, if your gonna flame, flame away.

Win 7 > OSX
PC > Mac
PS3 > Xbox360
iPhone > Android
Intel > AMD
NVidia > ATI

davo963320

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]So because you can repair circuit boards you are a better human being, what you say is the law and everybody should obey. You know better, you have the answer to all our problems. Good, I hope you are very happy with your phone that can mms and take beautiful pictures. Who's the fanboy now? I gave you reasons why I like my phone you gave me reasons why you hate it. Did I come here pushing my phone in your face or is it that this stupid article calls me a moron because I see things differently? And their proof is some "study" another hater claims to be true.[/citation]

Too much editing and I made a stupid clerical error haha. I don't mean to say anyone is a better human being for any reason. You actually said that people that flash their phones are morons. Thats like saying people that upgrade from windos 98 to XP or vista to windows 7 are morons. Unless I miss understood you? And symbian is great in the same way as an iphone - everything that is implemented usually works well.. I used to love my E65 - but that was light years behind an decent distro of linux (iphone). The capacitive screen on an iphone is alot more complicated than what you give it credit for. There is a fair amount of signal processing and each developer's capacitive touch screen offering with perform differently. Find me any smart phone with a more responsive zero contact force touch screen that has a customizable OS and i'll replace my iPhone. You can forget about resistive touch screens, they were a nice idea but so archaic in comparison to capacitive screens - I'm too lazy to type a list of cons.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]norbs[/nom]Well then your not the brightest guy to buy something you don't like... Sorry I guess the marketing department got you and you didn't think. Not my fault.[/citation]

LOL, you are telling me that you never bought something that looked good on paper but the real life product turned out to be mediocre or junk? If that is the case then you have no basis for comparison for anything. You are judging your product based upon work of mouth. I have used the iPhone and placed before you and everyone here what I found from my usage.

All I stated was the phone was average at best and you got very defensive. So enjoy your mediocre product and live in the fog of Apple. Looks like you are the one who is STILL suckered by marketing. Try thinking for yourself. It is refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.