Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i always knew they were delusional and now i have proof to back it up

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
I especially like the myths. . .

I find, though, that nearly everyone with a cell phone uses similar phrases to justify their purchase. I have a Storm and although I love it, there are little things that I do make excuses for. . .

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I didn't need a report to tell me that iphone, or apple users in general, are delusional. That's like making a report that says the sky is blue and the grass is green.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I got an iphone.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
im not a user or fan--but some of those 10 myths are actually true about iphone usage.

It looks more like they are going after Apple than being objective. Who financed this?--RIM? Verizon?

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
lol
i have to agree with iPhone users agressively defending their phone, i have had some quite amusing conversation with iPhone users. a great way to kill a few hours when bored.
but other than that i've never really used an iPhone,'cept to play the odd game or 2 when it first came out (im sure everyones been to a party/social gathering where someone's just bought an iPhone and has to show it to everyone)
so cant really pass any judgement. meh

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
i'm an iphone user for about 18 months now... I haven't used another smart phone to be able to compare, and the headache of switching services isn't really worth the trouble IMO, unless the droid is going to run errands for me and cook for me too.

I kinda want a droid, but I'm not going to cancel service and switch and take the chance of being disappointed w\ the service.

If verizon wanted to buy out my contract, and give me a droid I'd try that.

G

Love the so called critiques by folks for whom anything Apple is delusional or at least deniable. Remember the joke about the soldier who thought all the others marching in the parade were out of step?

Meanwhile Apple just goes about its business. Its very profitable business of redefining the distribution of audio, video, print—all things digital. Keep the faith.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is what Tom's does when hit count is low. If you track Tom's true owners at all, the data is there for all to see how they've suffered since August.

It would appear Tom's continued attempts to motivate the fanboys and girls to post is failing them. Tom's editors, most of the folks who are serious about technology, don't live here any more, they've moved on, these endless childish articles pander to know one other than fanboys and girls.

Please Tom's, get out of the reporting gutter, and get back to technology -- that's what will bring your hit count back up to the "glory" days, not this Inquirer style.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
I would say this isn't just for the iPhone users, but any Apple product user in general. I mean, how many times have you heard "I have a Mac, they are immune to viruses and malware"

FHDelux

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
To each their own, apple people can be fanatical sometimes. I use both OSX and Windows daily, so i wouldn't say i'm biased toward one or the other. With cell phones its the same thing. I know people who love windows mobile, i used to love my treo 700p and i think the WebOS interface is brilliant. That said, i have an iphone and i think its a great device, mostly due to the interface and web browser being so smooth in comparison to other smartphones i've used. Thing is, i cannot say that my iphone is better than say a droid device because i simply cannot afford to hop from contract to contract paying ETFs just to try new devices.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]V8VENOM[/nom]This is what Tom's does when hit count is low. If you track Tom's true owners at all, the data is there for all to see how they've suffered since August.It would appear Tom's continued attempts to motivate the fanboys and girls to post is failing them. Tom's editors, most of the folks who are serious about technology, don't live here any more, they've moved on, these endless childish articles pander to know one other than fanboys and girls.Please Tom's, get out of the reporting gutter, and get back to technology -- that's what will bring your hit count back up to the "glory" days, not this Inquirer style.[/citation]
[citation][nom]V8VENOM[/nom]This is what Tom's does when hit count is low. If you track Tom's true owners at all, the data is there for all to see how they've suffered since August.It would appear Tom's continued attempts to motivate the fanboys and girls to post is failing them. Tom's editors, most of the folks who are serious about technology, don't live here any more, they've moved on, these endless childish articles pander to know one other than fanboys and girls.Please Tom's, get out of the reporting gutter, and get back to technology -- that's what will bring your hit count back up to the "glory" days, not this Inquirer style.[/citation]

You sound like an angry, delusional fanboi....

fortmccubble

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Upon reading the results of the study, the iphone users who were questioned dismissed this as a microsoft funded study (and we know how bad Microsoft is!)rendering it completely untrue.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]KyleSTL[/nom]It's hilarious because the Palm Treo series (90, 600, 650, etc) predate the iPhone by a half-decade.[/citation]
What is hilarious? Where the site got that info from? I know iPhone users and none of them thought that... It's a well implemented touch screen but not the first touche screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.