Study Shows That Using Cell Phones Makes Us Act Selfishly

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]humphreybot[/nom]i got my phone for emergencies ie car trouble. it is 4 years old i can receive text messages, but can not send. it might do web, but i have never looked. i hate when someone calls me because invariably i will be busy at that moment. guess that makes me a social animal lol[/citation]
The beauty of the cell phone though is if you ARE in the middle of something important and you dont want to be disturbed.. You just turn it off..

leakingpaint

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
In recent studies carried out by the the "Who Gives a Shit Foundation" they found that most men can't actually suck their own knobs...but many have tried.

This has been a report by Oh My Goodness Face!

dib

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
[citation][nom]granter[/nom]I'm 21years old right now, i have not had a phone in 4years. All my friends is telling me to get one and they find it highly annoying that they cant contact me whenever they want.In my honest opinion, i dont give a shit. I hate when people call me on my home phone in the middle of a starcraft 2 game, i hate when people send useless fucking msg's asking what i'm doing. I hate feeling some damn vibration in my pants when i'm going down the slop snowboarding.People who use there phone 24/7 is pathetic in my eyes, as soon as they are bored and have nothing to do while they sit on the bus or something they HAVE TO pick up there phone and just randomly go into apps or read facebook to kill time, USE YOUR BRAIN PEOPLE. It's an amazing tool that you can have a lot more fun with then playing some angry bird game. I mean really, you rather read what your idiot friends had for dinner then drift into your own mind and toughts... wtf.The only reason i have a home phone is because i need it to have a bankaccount + you need it when you order things online.Fuck todays phones, my old nokia 3310 had the same sound quality that my friends galaxy S 2 have.[/citation]

I didn't know you could swear that much and get away with it, but I agree. I called one of my friends and he was on vacation driving with his wife. I thought, "Why would you want to answer the phone while on vacation with your wife and while driving even?" I get stressed when I am on a trip and I hear my cellphone ring because I know I am with my wife so it must be my manager and there is trouble at work.

I can't tell you how many times I felt like someone's servant because I was holding the door open for someone on their cell phone and they just ignored me, or got ran into by someone with a shopping cart while they were on the phone.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Selfish is the wrong word, but it is annoying. Who pays money for these studies anyways? Give it to me and I will study the effects of a 48 core server in my basement on my power bill.

applefairyboy

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
It's a shame that they actually had to fund a study to figure that one out. Meanwhile, they could have used the money to feed starving children. How selfish of them......

Status
Not open for further replies.