Stumped with getting sound mixer to work

Dec 27, 2018
Hey everyone, first post here.. I have scoured the interwebs, and I have not been able to find a solution to my problem. I recently bought upgraded equipment for streaming but have not been home yet to hook everything up.. However, I do I have my laptop, so I figured I would hook everything up to make sure everything works. Below I will list my setup

Yamaha MG10XU Mixer
AT2020 xlr mic
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones

I have the mixer connected to the pc through the provided usb cable, and the mic and headphones hooked up. I can hear things through the headphones, but I cannot get anything to pick up through the mic.. I tried testing in Discord, and it cannot detect my voice.. I have my playback and recording device in windows selected as (MG-XU) which is the mixer, so Windows is detecting it. In Discord, I have tried selecting (MG-XU) for just output device, and have selected (MG-XU) for both input and output device, and have simply tried selecting (Default) in discord for input and output device with no luck of the microphone being picked up.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with just my laptop, or if this is an issue within windows or something a long those lines.

All firmware is up to date to the best of my knowledge.

The only other thing that is a bit strange, is I tried selecting the webcam mic as the input device for discord, and it had the same problem, still not detecting my voice etc. I know that it used to work though, because after my previous headset died, I was able to use the webcam mic to chat on discord.

If any of you could help me, it would be greatly appreciated, as this is getting very frustrating.

One last tidbit of info, that may or may not be helpful. When playing fortnite, I cannot hear people talking, and ofc my mic isnt picked up.. I have tried enabling, disabling, setting this to default, that to default, etc. with no luck... Not sure if its some how related to my initial issue or not, but figured I would provide as much information as possible to try to get this resolved

Thank you in advance for your help :)