Sub + woofer assistance

ryanlj1995

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
Hey guys, decided i wanted to build some speakers using this amp

Kam KXR Pro2000

I was wondering, since it only had 2 channels, how could i power the sub and woofer through the same channel?

Solution
You have to maintain the minimum impedance that the amp requires. You would put a crossover network in and split the signal between the multiple speakers. This is exactly how other commercial multi-driver speakers work.

mdocod

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Passive low frequency crossovers for high power applications are impractically expensive to build, requiring enormous inductor values wound with heavy gauge wire. You'll spend more designing a passive network than the amp is worth. For low frequency crossovers it's almost always less expensive to simply buy more amplifiers and use active crossovers....

The ideal solution is an active adjustable signal processor and multi-way crossover with good phase and equalization controls... When properly configured (requires sound-tests with mic), these systems can overcome the vast majority of issues that plague more crude crossover implementations.. An example of such a product would be something like a dbx driverack 260.