Solved! Subwoofer bothers the person below me. Any solutions?

Nov 29, 2018
I think it's more the vibration than the volume. In fact I think the guy who lives below me is deaf. He's never had a complaint until I got a subwoofer.

Is there a way to muffle it? I know they sell foam pads, but I don't know if they've been proven to help.

The subwoofer came with a soundbar I purchased that was about 40% off.

I'm probably not going to use the subwoofer if I do end up keeping the sounbar, but I can still return it. I got the soundbar with wireless subwoofer for $115. Is that a good enough to deal to justify keeping it for just the soundbar? Or should I get a new one without a subwoofer since I can't use it anyway? Any recommendations?

Solution

Nice bass IS vibration. That is literally the way it works.
Being deaf, your neighbor is probably a bit more sensitive to other sensory inputs. Like vibration through his walls and ceiling.

Solutions?
Turn down the bass level.
Suspend the sub from the ceiling.
Decouple the subwoofer cabinet from the floor...some very thick (2" or more) foam pads.
Nov 29, 2018

The vibration that is bothering my deaf neighbor. Is there a good speaker that would give me a nice bass without the vibration? That would be ideal.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Nice bass IS vibration. That is literally the way it works.
Being deaf, your neighbor is probably a bit more sensitive to other sensory inputs. Like vibration through his walls and ceiling.

Solutions?
Turn down the bass level.
Suspend the sub from the ceiling.
Decouple the subwoofer cabinet from the floor...some very thick (2" or more) foam pads.

Solution