Subwoofer making rattling noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevoSVK

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
My subwoofer is making rattling noises when the volume is turned up at more than medium. If i put the subwoofer out the rattling noise stops. I checked for things inside. I found nothing. When i play some songs with high bass the rattling starts even when the bass it at minimum.

Solution

Try calibrating it, How old os it. I its a crackling aound that comes even at low volumes. Then the subwoofer might be broken. You can do this test to see if it is a problem with the cone
Open up a subwoofer tester in youtube with frequency readings

then download a pitch meter on your phone and try if it is going smoothly.. or if frequency natches.. If it doesnt Your subwoofer is probably broken

RevoSVK

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016

That's not the problem. I'm 100% sure. I had it flipped over all the time

Ahmed Ifham

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016

Try calibrating it, How old os it. I its a crackling aound that comes even at low volumes. Then the subwoofer might be broken. You can do this test to see if it is a problem with the cone
Open up a subwoofer tester in youtube with frequency readings

then download a pitch meter on your phone and try if it is going smoothly.. or if frequency natches.. If it doesnt Your subwoofer is probably broken

Solution
Did the subwoofer play this loud without rattling before?
If so then you probably damaged the driver with excess volume. A bad subwoofer amp is less likely but no out of the question. Contact the manufacturer.
If not then you may just be playing louder than it can handle. You might need a sub with more output.

Status
Not open for further replies.