Solved! Subwoofer pre out on amp to rca red and white on the subwoofer or line out rca red and white on amp to subwoofer aux in

Jan 24, 2019
My amp (Pioneer SX 10 AE) has a Sub pre out and also rca red and white line out which I can connect to my Subwoofer (Logitech Z533). The sub has rca red and white inputs and also aux in.

When connecting an rca y adapter from sub pre out to just the rca white on the woofer the bass sounds just about right but when connecting to both red and white then the bass completely dominates. Am I suppose to connect to only 1 rca line in with a y adapter or to both and what about connecting from the amp RCA line outs to the aux in on the sub?I haven't tried the latter but which should produce optimum results.

The sub has no settings other than the volume knob where I can adjust the bass.

Neither the sub nor the amp have facilities for setting crossover frequency. I have read that the signal coming from the amp is unfiltered and would have to use a sub with it's own filtered input.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Solution
"Am I suppose to connect to only 1 rca line in with a y adapter or to both " It really doesn't matter because I think the sub pre out is a mono signal.

So if it works for you by only connecting one....only connect one.

Or connect both and turn the volume down.
"Am I suppose to connect to only 1 rca line in with a y adapter or to both " It really doesn't matter because I think the sub pre out is a mono signal.

So if it works for you by only connecting one....only connect one.

Or connect both and turn the volume down.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS