Sudden Lost of HDTV Receptions between Wash D.C and Balt. ..

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Starting Saturday April 16th, I suddenly was unable to receive whatsoever,
any OTA HDTV signal from ABC and CBS out of Washington D.C. I live between
Baltimore and and Washington (17 miles) and usually have no problem
receiving OTA broadcasts from either city since I have a rotor antenna
(w/amplifier) mounted on my roof. NBC HDTV OTA I can still receive fine from
Washington which is odd also because I always had the most trouble trying to
receive NBC out of Washington D.C. I've checked my hardware, anntenna
amplifier is on, other components like VCR, DVD players I tried unplugging
to make sure they were not causing a problem. I can receive Baltimore HDTV
stations ok.

Its like ABC and CBS stopped broadcasting out of Washington D.C.! Anyone
heard of any problems or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

onlineFAKEman@excite.com <= remove FAKE for real email address.
Rick
 

mc

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
74
0
18,580
0
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Rickk wrote:
> Starting Saturday April 16th, I suddenly was unable to receive whatsoever,
> any OTA HDTV signal from ABC and CBS out of Washington D.C. I live between
> Baltimore and and Washington (17 miles) and usually have no problem
> receiving OTA broadcasts from either city since I have a rotor antenna
> (w/amplifier) mounted on my roof. NBC HDTV OTA I can still receive fine from
> Washington which is odd also because I always had the most trouble trying to
> receive NBC out of Washington D.C. I've checked my hardware, anntenna
> amplifier is on, other components like VCR, DVD players I tried unplugging
> to make sure they were not causing a problem. I can receive Baltimore HDTV
> stations ok.
>
> Its like ABC and CBS stopped broadcasting out of Washington D.C.! Anyone
> heard of any problems or have any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> onlineFAKEman@excite.com <= remove FAKE for real email address.
> Rick
>
>

Hi Rick,

I have the same problem. I've been checking my connections and they are
all fine. Must be a problem with ABC and CBS. Do they share equipment?

MC
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

In below WUSA, local CBS station in Washington D.C. says their making a lot
of changes. Maybe its related to these problems. Thanks for the repsonses.
http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=37637

Rick


"mc" <mchernoffs@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:5qednceD6I3rCvjfRVn-rg@comcast.com...
> Rickk wrote:
>> Starting Saturday April 16th, I suddenly was unable to receive
>> whatsoever, any OTA HDTV signal from ABC and CBS out of Washington D.C.
>> I live between Baltimore and and Washington (17 miles) and usually have
>> no problem receiving OTA broadcasts from either city since I have a rotor
>> antenna (w/amplifier) mounted on my roof. NBC HDTV OTA I can still
>> receive fine from Washington which is odd also because I always had the
>> most trouble trying to receive NBC out of Washington D.C. I've checked
>> my hardware, anntenna amplifier is on, other components like VCR, DVD
>> players I tried unplugging to make sure they were not causing a problem.
>> I can receive Baltimore HDTV stations ok.
>>
>> Its like ABC and CBS stopped broadcasting out of Washington D.C.! Anyone
>> heard of any problems or have any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> onlineFAKEman@excite.com <= remove FAKE for real email address.
>> Rick
>
> Hi Rick,
>
> I have the same problem. I've been checking my connections and they are
> all fine. Must be a problem with ABC and CBS. Do they share equipment?
>
> MC
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Someone was nice enough to email me the following.

CBS 9.1 is off the air for 7-10 days doing some modifications.
Well publicized at Satellite Guys and AVS Forum. Not aware of
any problems with ABC 7.1.

Rick


"Rickk" <Rickk@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:x8udnW1sy_lNGvjfRVn-tQ@cablespeedmd.com...
> Starting Saturday April 16th, I suddenly was unable to receive whatsoever,
> any OTA HDTV signal from ABC and CBS out of Washington D.C. I live
> between Baltimore and and Washington (17 miles) and usually have no
> problem receiving OTA broadcasts from either city since I have a rotor
> antenna (w/amplifier) mounted on my roof. NBC HDTV OTA I can still receive
> fine from Washington which is odd also because I always had the most
> trouble trying to receive NBC out of Washington D.C. I've checked my
> hardware, anntenna amplifier is on, other components like VCR, DVD players
> I tried unplugging to make sure they were not causing a problem. I can
> receive Baltimore HDTV stations ok.
>
> Its like ABC and CBS stopped broadcasting out of Washington D.C.! Anyone
> heard of any problems or have any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> onlineFAKEman@excite.com <= remove FAKE for real email address.
> Rick
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Rickk wrote:
> Starting Saturday April 16th, I suddenly was unable to receive whatsoever,
> any OTA HDTV signal from ABC and CBS out of Washington D.C. I live between
> Baltimore and and Washington (17 miles) and usually have no problem
> receiving OTA broadcasts from either city since I have a rotor antenna
> (w/amplifier) mounted on my roof. NBC HDTV OTA I can still receive fine from
> Washington which is odd also because I always had the most trouble trying to
> receive NBC out of Washington D.C. I've checked my hardware, anntenna
> amplifier is on, other components like VCR, DVD players I tried unplugging
> to make sure they were not causing a problem. I can receive Baltimore HDTV
> stations ok.
>
> Its like ABC and CBS stopped broadcasting out of Washington D.C.! Anyone
> heard of any problems or have any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> onlineFAKEman@excite.com <= remove FAKE for real email address.
> Rick
>
>
Same here. I wonder if they use the same tower. Could be
there is work going on with their tower. I looked at the
wusa and wjla web sites and see no mention of any problems.
Unfortunately because they don't "have" to transmit on
digital yet, I don't think they are going to give us much
warning of problems. I do hope they get fixed by Thursday.
Couldn't stand to watch CSI in analog.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Anyone notice whether they can "suddenly" receive WDCA-DT at 35-3?

I'm about 12 miles from the Wisconsin farms and am able to capture at
least the ID for WDCA now.

John

Today, Paula sent this message:

| In article <x8udnW1sy_lNGvjfRVn-tQ@cablespeedmd.com>, Rickk@nowhere.com
| says...
|
| > Its like ABC and CBS stopped broadcasting out of Washington D.C.! Anyone
| > heard of any problems or have any ideas?
| >
|
| On WJLA's website: http://www.wjla.com/external.hrb?p=hdtv
|
| "WJLA/WUSA DTV transmitter will be off the air beginning Saturday April
| 16th at approximately 8AM through Tuesday April 26th. We will be
| installing new equipment to our facility that will better serve the
| viewers that watch DTV and HDTV.
|
| We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will endeavor to
| keep you informed via our website of the installation progress ."
|
|
|
| --
| - Paula
|
| There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
| Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
|

--
**************************************************************
* The Maryland Crofts are John (K3NJ) and Kathy (KC3T) *
* Monitoring K3VOA/R on 147.045 + & 448.575 - Washington, DC *
* http://patriot.net/~croft *
**************************************************************
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

In article <x8udnW1sy_lNGvjfRVn-tQ@cablespeedmd.com>, Rickk@nowhere.com
says...

> Its like ABC and CBS stopped broadcasting out of Washington D.C.! Anyone
> heard of any problems or have any ideas?
>

On WJLA's website: http://www.wjla.com/external.hrb?p=hdtv

"WJLA/WUSA DTV transmitter will be off the air beginning Saturday April
16th at approximately 8AM through Tuesday April 26th. We will be
installing new equipment to our facility that will better serve the
viewers that watch DTV and HDTV.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will endeavor to
keep you informed via our website of the installation progress ."



--
- Paula

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Not here in Mt Airy. Maybe they went from 1 to 2 watts.

> Anyone notice whether they can "suddenly" receive WDCA-DT at 35-3?
>
> I'm about 12 miles from the Wisconsin farms and am able to capture at
> least the ID for WDCA now.
>
> John
>
> Today, Paula sent this message:
>
> | In article <x8udnW1sy_lNGvjfRVn-tQ@cablespeedmd.com>, Rickk@nowhere.com
> | says...
> |
> | > Its like ABC and CBS stopped broadcasting out of Washington D.C.! Anyone
> | > heard of any problems or have any ideas?
> | >
> |
> | On WJLA's website: http://www.wjla.com/external.hrb?p=hdtv
> |
> | "WJLA/WUSA DTV transmitter will be off the air beginning Saturday April
> | 16th at approximately 8AM through Tuesday April 26th. We will be
> | installing new equipment to our facility that will better serve the
> | viewers that watch DTV and HDTV.
> |
> | We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will endeavor to
> | keep you informed via our website of the installation progress ."
> |
> |
> |
> | --
> | - Paula
> |
> | There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
> | Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
> |
>
> --
> **************************************************************
> * The Maryland Crofts are John (K3NJ) and Kathy (KC3T) *
> * Monitoring K3VOA/R on 147.045 + & 448.575 - Washington, DC *
> * http://patriot.net/~croft *
> **************************************************************
>
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 0
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
rwcass75 Streaming Video & TVs 5
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 5
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
I Streaming Video & TVs 5
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 6
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
Question Sudden display issue with Samsung TV (too bright/white high contrast)
Question Sudden streaming audio issue on Vizio/surround setup
Question Would really appreciate help with TV streaming apps - sudden loss of subtitles
Question Any idea why my combo VCR-DVD (Toshiba DVR620KU) is suddenly rejecting my Maxell VP-200 Wet Video Head Cleaner?
Solved! Why does my RCA LED LCD HDTV DVD COMBO TV suddenly not play dvds?
Suddenly my picture goes beyond the screen on left and right.
Why did I suddenly lose channel 45 via antenna out of Phoenix. Moved window antenna to higher part of window
I have an ilo sdtv. I have been receiving all broadcast channels using an rca indoor digital antenna. Suddenly I stopped recei
just turn black suddenly,lily,light,sounds is good
Rooftop antenna, missing half of channels suddenly
Laptop suddenly won't display to TV
My Panasonic plasma suddenly not displaying the image why so
Suddenly stopped working
The tv suddenly turned off and won’t turn on
My lg led tv went almost black.slight picture.it happened suddenly can it be solved
i have a smart lg tv n suddenly lost channel 2 and 6.what can i do to get them back? the older tv in the bedroom gets them fin
my atenna is not pulling in nbc - 11 miles away all of a sudden. It pulls in everything else and it just started doing this.
My Sharp TV was working fine. Tried turning on our home theatre system to watch a movie and all of a sudden our tv turned off
my 55"TV just over a year suddenly have straight line at the middle of the screen .What is the problem and how to fix it ???
why does my tv suddenly get bad reception on two sister stations ota

ASK THE COMMUNITY