Sudden "Untrusted Connection" warning from Firefox

noonin

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005
I'm using Firefox version14 and suddenly got an Untrusted Connection warning when I logged onto my home pages this morning. Both are Login Live sites (Hotmail and MSN). The rest of the message reads

"You have asked Firefox to connect securely to login.live.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure."

"Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified."

There is a "I understand the risks" section reading

"If you understand what's going on, you an tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification. Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is
tampering with your connection."

"Don't add an exception unless
you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification."

Did Microsoft forget to pay the bill or something? Is it safe to override the warning and make exceptions?

Solution
This may sound stupid, but is your computer set to the correct date and time? Sometimes if your date is off, it will think the certificate has expired.

noonin

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005

LOL!! :pt1cable: Yeah, for the first time since I've used computers, the date was wrong. Showed September 10th for some reason. Muchos Gracias!