Suggest OS HP-15G004AU laptop

G9xftw

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
The laptop mentioned in the title is very poor in performance. It came stock with windows 8.1

It lagged like hell on windows. So I switched to Ubuntu. That was not good either. Then for a year I was on Xubuntu because it seemed little stable than elementary OS, mint. But still came with problems, bugs like, the lockscreen would not come up when opening the laptop after closing the lid. The screen would just stay black etc. So now I switched to lubuntu which is a slightly smoother epxerience, but again it too has a problem. The audio is non-existent. I can get audio output only through HDMI on my laptop. Since switching to lubuntu I cannot get audio output from my laptop. Windows was crap, but though linux is working each OS is having some or the other issue. I want suggestions about a OS which is extrenely lightweight and simple. All I do is read mails, watch youtube and HD movies once in a while.

Solution
Hi,

Here's my Top 5 light weight OS suggestion for you. :)

1. SLAX
2. Damn Small Linux
3. NimbleX
4. Arch Linux
5. ZorinOS

You can find them all from Google, just do a quick search. All requires very little space and little system requirements to run really smooth.
Hi,

Here's my Top 5 light weight OS suggestion for you. :)

1. SLAX
2. Damn Small Linux
3. NimbleX
4. Arch Linux
5. ZorinOS

You can find them all from Google, just do a quick search. All requires very little space and little system requirements to run really smooth.

Solution

G9xftw

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015

Wow, I have not heard of any of those distributions. They must be really lightweight. I will give each of them a try! :D