Suggestion for a reliable and easy to use Remote Assistance program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouldread

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hello guys,

I live abroad and my parents are back in my home country. I built a computer for them a few years ago but time to time my mom would Skype me asking me to help her installing new software/software updates and solve simple general problems with her PC.

It's sometimes frustrating and time consuming trying to explain step by step where to click, what to type etc. so I thought some type of remote assistance program would make it much easier.

I would imagine you need to install the software on both machines (my PC and my parents' PC) and then give certain permissions/authorization to my PC so I could just tell them to sit back and watch while I take control over their PC and fix whatever needs fixing.

Could anyone suggest some program for remote assistance, preferable a free one. All I need it to do is to be able to take control over their PC over then net and install/uninstall programs etc.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I forgot to mention both PCs are using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Mouldread

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hey,

thanks for that. I'll take a look at it. From first glance it sounds too good to be true. Any personal experience? Are you aware of something sinister going on with it or?

Thanks again.

USAFRet

Illustrious

I use it here at home daily to admin my home server/TV PC.
I've also used it long distance to fix friends PC's.

Yes, it works. No funny business at all with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS