Suggestions for 4K 3D UHD Blu-ray player with Audio passthrough

Tanyac

Estimable
Aug 30, 2014
I have my 3D 4K TV and it supports HDR.

I'm now looking for the player.

Right now I have an all-in-one blu-ray/amp with speakers.

I'm looking for either another such system, or a separate blu-ray player that has one HDMI for video and a second for audio (Such as the Samsung UBD-K8500), and I'll buy separate speakers and receiver, or I'll use my spare Yamaha RX-V571 receiver and just buy speakers if I have too.

Would like to keep total cost as low as possible, but up to $1500 for everything if I have to.

Suggestions?

Best wishes for Christmas

thanks

You should consider the Oppo player which also has two HDMI outputs.
https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/blu-ray-udp-203-Features.aspx
I would go the route of using your old receiver with separate speakers. Likely to sound much better than an HTS.
Leaves you about $950 for speakers. Go for 5.1 and get the best fronts and sub you can. Keep the spend on the surrounds low. Yes they are supposed to match the fronts but in most cases you can get away with almost anything. The center matching the left and right fronts on the other hand is very important.
Often people overlook that fact the home theater speakers don't just have to play loud they have to be clear at all volumes. If dialogue isn't intelligible you can't watch the movie.

Nov 7, 2018

Good Evening,

I’m sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I’ve been going crazy trying to find the RAV434 remote that came with the Yamaha RXV-571receiver. I can’t find it anywhere! If you have your old one laying around and you would like to sell it to me for $30, I will PayPal you immediately.

Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
und3rtaker Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 4
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1