Suggestions for a Light weight laptop with a bigger screen

Syed Syed

Estimable
May 9, 2015
Hello Guys, I am Programmer. Just its the beginning of my career. I am suffering from cervical disc and constant back pain by which I can't carry heavy laptops. I Saw the LG gram i5 which is like not even a Kilo Gram. I loved it. But I went through the review on laptopmag which says the body is not good and battery life also not up to the mark. Battery Doesn't matter to me but the body does. I also saw the HP envy but it's a 13 inch. As a programmer I prefer the 15 inch but as per the reviews I am feeling very confused. Will it be worth the money if I go with the LG gram keeping my health in mind or stick with the HP envy with the 13 inch. Please suggest me something good that my hard earned money should be worth. Thanks.

Solution

Illumynization

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
The LG grams are good however because of the 2.16 weight the battery does drain if you are on 100% brightness, wifi on, constant use.
Also on the LG Gram 13, after a few weeks of use if you open and close the lid by placing your hand on the left or right corner of the lid/screen, the screen will begin to warp and the device will longer be able to shut the lid fully because of a warped lid. The 14" does not do this nearly as much just the 13 inch.

Other than that they are really good machines. It's a low end i5 but still runs everything you would expect and the weight truly is phenomenal.

Did you ever consider maybe the Microsoft Surface Pro4 either the M3 or i5 models?

You said you did not like the LG gram because of the construction and battery life, so what's wrong with the answer that gave you other options to one you already said you did not like?

Get an ultrabook like a Dell XPS 15, Lenovo X1 Carbon if you want a larger screen and light weight. Just keep in mind those are premium class systems with hither prices.

Syed Syed

Estimable
May 9, 2015

Thanks for your suggestion mate, XPS 15 is one of the best but quite heavy. I saw the lenovo X1 carbon. Looks really good. I hope I'll be able to code my programmes well on it.
Cheers

Syed Syed

Estimable
May 9, 2015

Thanks Mate, Your suggestion really helped and for now LG gram is not in my list. We were in a shopping mall and my dad showed me the LG gram, I was like it's really wow but later when I saw the reviews I got confused. I never saw the Surface Pro, I'll have a look once. If it's light weight I'll go for it. Meanwhile Can you tell me how the Lenovo X1 Carbon is?

Illumynization

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

First Gen X1 carbons had a few software issues but it was a good device all around.
Second Gen X1 carbons had a god awful touch function and media controller at the top. It was super annoying.
Third Gen X1 carbon resolved this by going back to normal buttons.

All three are really good laptops and don't weigh too much. They would be great for your needs.

Solution