Suggestions n Sony Vaio Laptop

rithurag

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
Well.. i dont need win8, looking for win 7 original OEM...
What about SONY VAIO SVE15114FXS CORE i5-3210 2.5GHZ 3RD GEN/6GB/640GB/15.5 LED/WIN7PREM(64BIT) ???
I warmly welcome your suggestions...!!!

Performance, Battery Backup, Graphics etc ???
Its i5 dual core, it do matter?

geofelt

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006

No, you really can't. Nor would you want to compromise the portability capability which is the main reason for getting a laptop in the first place. The only useful upgrades possible to a laptop are added ram or upgraded storage such as a ssd.
If you want to do anything more intensive than viewing video's, you should be looking for a discrete graphics chip.

geofelt

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Last year, I bought a SVS151190X with windows 7 direct from Sony on a closeout.
One important difference is that my model has the HD 1080P screen.
Another is that it has a discrete added graphics chip which can help with games.

It is hard to find anything new that does not have the hated windows 8.
I reinstalled windows on a SSD which is the key to laptop performance.
Look for a unit with minimal hard drive, and plan on replacing it with a ssd.

rithurag

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
Thanks geofelt, but iam looking for more reviews on the model i specified...
A few stock available as product is discontinued, that does not affect the warranty right?

geofelt

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006

No, you really can't. Nor would you want to compromise the portability capability which is the main reason for getting a laptop in the first place. The only useful upgrades possible to a laptop are added ram or upgraded storage such as a ssd.
If you want to do anything more intensive than viewing video's, you should be looking for a discrete graphics chip.

rithurag

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011

You are right, friend...

But any suggestion/comments on this model???

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 3
2 Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1