Super Slow Internet; tried everything.

Emperor_1

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
I ran a speed test and my internet has 0.51 Mbps download and 3.18 Mbps upload. According to the speed test this is very slow. Normally my internet comes under very fast. I ran a malwarebytes scan and found some issues but i resolved that and it didn't affect it. I also pinged google.com and got an average of 28 ms which is good I think. I reset my router and computer multiple times and the problem persists on other devices as well. Help please?

Solution
Try replacing your ethernet cables with known working cables. Especially modem to router.

Inspect the incoming connections from your ISP. Look for loose, damaged, wires and connections.

Call your ISP and request that they check things from their end. Could be an outage somewhere: e.g., someone dug up a cable, a pole was knocked down. Failed router somewhere... And the rerouted traffic is bottlenecking as a result.

May take three or four calls over a couple of days.... Problem may just disappear.

Keep your calls and all events documented.
Try replacing your ethernet cables with known working cables. Especially modem to router.

Inspect the incoming connections from your ISP. Look for loose, damaged, wires and connections.

Call your ISP and request that they check things from their end. Could be an outage somewhere: e.g., someone dug up a cable, a pole was knocked down. Failed router somewhere... And the rerouted traffic is bottlenecking as a result.

May take three or four calls over a couple of days.... Problem may just disappear.

Keep your calls and all events documented.

Solution