Surface pro 4

Afzal Sulaiman

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Is surface pro 4, the one with intel i7, 16gb ram and 1tb worth the price? What are the major pros and cons?
How good is it for video rendering and game devlopment?
Is it good for dj-ing?
How good for website devlopment, software development and all?

Solution
I'd expect you'll be fine with the Surface Pro (and a decent set of headphones) for audio stuff.

For rendering the Surface will do it, but it will get hot, and so the processor / GPU will throttle so as to cool off, and so rendering will be slower than on an equivalent desktop system.

My overall comment would be - the key advantage of the Surface is the portability. If you don't need that, spend your money on a desktop - you'll get more power for your spend.

Afzal Sulaiman

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Video rendering wil be mainly done on my desktop. But now and the ill have to do it on the laptop. I will be using premier pro.
What about audio processing.ie, recording, mixing etc and game development(will be working with unity 5 and unreal 4. Wont be working with it on the laptop primarly. But now and then)

snowctrl

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
I'd expect you'll be fine with the Surface Pro (and a decent set of headphones) for audio stuff.

For rendering the Surface will do it, but it will get hot, and so the processor / GPU will throttle so as to cool off, and so rendering will be slower than on an equivalent desktop system.

My overall comment would be - the key advantage of the Surface is the portability. If you don't need that, spend your money on a desktop - you'll get more power for your spend.

Solution