dumpy2

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
So i just helped my dad pick out his new tv, its a 42 phillips plasma. Anyway he got it from best buy cuz he had a bunch of gift cards, my question is: the best buy guy told us we needed this $120 surge protector that filters the electricity that goes to the tv cuz without it, regular electricity is hard on the tv. is this legit? or would just a regular like $20 surge protector work just fine?? my dad hasn't hooked up the tv yet so i am tryin to figure this out so he can return it if it isn't worth having. thanks before hand for any info you can offer.

Jodym2

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
I recommend a APC (American Power Conversion) Battery Back up they cost $40-$50 and Give good protection and filtering. APC's run the gamet as does their cost something over $100 should offer Line conditioning. It could be worth the money but I think the Unintrupted power supply will do the job as well.

deardeath

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I work at BestBuy, I can tell you a powerbar with a filter does help quite abit to prevent problems, specialy with LCD's. In general plasmas are more robust it seems but you can't go wrong with an APC with a filter :D.

TRENDING THREADS