Surround gaming headsets

kiberniths

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
I have a strix soar sound card and it supports 7.1 surround through 4x 3.5 jacks. Is there a headset with multiple drivers which can connect to the card through an adapter? I mean in the 4x3.5 jacks or something like and play true surround sound?

Solution
No headset can produce true surround sound directional accuracy.

There is the Razer Tiamat 7.1’s that have 5 drivers in each can and is driven by the sockets you are talking about. I actually have this headset and while it’s the best virtual surround sound I have found in a headset it is still miles short of a true surround sound setup. It also compromises sound quality, any headset with multiple drivers suffers issues at certain frequencies as the drivers negatively interact with each other.

sizzling

Distinguished
No headset can produce true surround sound directional accuracy.

There is the Razer Tiamat 7.1’s that have 5 drivers in each can and is driven by the sockets you are talking about. I actually have this headset and while it’s the best virtual surround sound I have found in a headset it is still miles short of a true surround sound setup. It also compromises sound quality, any headset with multiple drivers suffers issues at certain frequencies as the drivers negatively interact with each other.

Solution