Solved! Surround sound 5.1 problems - GA-H97-D3H

Johnny Zenith

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
My motherboard supports 5.1 and 7.1 surround. http://uk.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H97-D3H-rev-10#ov. That is my motherboard. Why then does my surround setup not play through all the speakers. The two sides do not play sound (or very very low). What am I doing wrong? I do not have dedicated sub port but am using the line in etc.

Solution
Specs on the mobo say you have center/sub, surround, rear, and line out audio jacks All connected correctly to your speakers? The side speaker output would be for 7.1 so you have to use the surround output if you are using a 5.1 speaker.
Check the audio control panel is set correctly.
Use a test tone to balance the levels of the speakers,
Make sure that your source is surround sound.
Specs on the mobo say you have center/sub, surround, rear, and line out audio jacks All connected correctly to your speakers? The side speaker output would be for 7.1 so you have to use the surround output if you are using a 5.1 speaker.
Check the audio control panel is set correctly.
Use a test tone to balance the levels of the speakers,
Make sure that your source is surround sound.

Solution

Johnny Zenith

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015

I just checked and I actually have the Z97M-DS3H board. It looks like I put the wrong one down and this may well change things. Can you take a look? (I would appreciate it). I have set it up the best I can but two speakers don't have audio properly.

Do i need a separate external Internal soundcard? I'm thinking that if my motherboard should still do 5.1 then it may be my speakers that are faulty.

Thanks!

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Johnny Zenith : "5.1 surround sound problems"