surround system problems

Proffa3

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
Ok. im new in these thing so help me pls.
Im considering to buy jbl cinema 510 or 610 or logitech z506 or 906. So do i need different amp with eny of these cuz my friends has scared me with 300€ amps and i dont have money for that my budget is max 400€ but i like to stay under 300€ if possible. pls help me! (this all would come to my computer)

Solution
The prices are massively different, the z506 is under $100 and it does the job, the Z906 will have a big quality difference, the Z5500 is not worth it, you could build something with much better speakers and a real amp and stuff for cheaper.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
The JBL Cinema 510 and 610 are just speaker systems and you will need to buy an amplifier/receiver to power them.

However the Logitech Z506 and Z906 are both powered setups and have the amplifier built in. That would be the ones you want to pick to save money and you don't need anything extra to run them.

Ok the JBL speakers are speakers that you plug into a separate home theater receiver, and the receiver needs to have a LFE sub output (not speaker cable type output for the sub).
The Logitech speakers are ones you plug into the back of a computer. It has its own amplifier built in but will only work with a computer, you can not use this with your TV or game console, etc.

So since you showed two completely different products, what is it exactly that you are needing wanting?

Proffa3

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015

Thanks for help. now i ask what is best z506 or z906 or z5500 for money v quality value?

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
The prices are massively different, the z506 is under $100 and it does the job, the Z906 will have a big quality difference, the Z5500 is not worth it, you could build something with much better speakers and a real amp and stuff for cheaper.

Solution

Proffa3

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015

ok thanks again so i maybe will by z906 becuse it looks so good and i think it might work meny years in hard use

Just to reiterate, the Logitech systems are for hooking up to a computer only (at least if you want all speakers to work).

If you were just wanting something for PC gaming then this is a good inexpensive setup, it just wont be compatible with home theater type setup (tv, Blu-ray, game consoles, etc).