Surveillance software? im going to cry soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

natas_heresy

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
ARGHHHHHHHH

Ive been looking all day for a simple FREE program where i can record the footage from my security camera (which is connected to my TV tuner card) and save the footage to the Hard drive. So pretty much just surveillance software. I cant find anyythingggggg, just stupid trials of stupid software made by 17 year old Russians. Does anyone know where i can get some free (or cheap) surveillance software? No one will reply most likely, just like in all the other posts i make... but thanks in advance

Solution
I read your ID backwards - LOL

Try using a capture card and then saving the captured video to a HDD. It will fill up very quickly. Treat the video cam as the input to the capture card. Hauppauge's website will have more information.
I read your ID backwards - LOL

Try using a capture card and then saving the captured video to a HDD. It will fill up very quickly. Treat the video cam as the input to the capture card. Hauppauge's website will have more information.

Solution

natas_heresy

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
if i save the footage to the Harddrive with about 15 frames per second, 4 days worth is less than 50 GBs actually which is sweet. I know what to do and have it set up, but i need good software for recording (surveillance type software) But meh il just buy one. Thanks Ubrales.

natas_heresy

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
but they all cost money? not really keen on a trial version that dies after 30 days. sigh. im surprised theres no free software out there, i mean how hard is it to make a small program that detects video input and then saves it to a hard-drive? pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.