SWAT Team Busts Guy For Assembling LEGO Gun

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If some guy in your office building potentially has a handgun, would you want just a couple regular badges trying to take him down or a whole SWAT team? I'll go with SWAT any day.

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
It's illegal in Canada to have a gun that can be fired using only one hand. This means that handguns are illegal in Canada, except in the hands of cops and military. That's why SWAT came in to search.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
At first I thought this was in America...Was going to say wtf we have the right to bare arms. I guess Canada has some messed up guns laws.Jesus even if its real its just one handgun.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]D.E. are for men with tiny penuseses. Real men choose function over shiny nickel-plated metal and bullets too big to fire effectively at anything other than immobile objects like buildings.And I agree SWAT had no business entering the premises because someone might have had a gun they might also have a legal permit to posses. Unless the neighbor knew it was an office building and thought the guy might be planning an "early retirement" party, I'm not sure what danger could have existed in the first place.[/citation]

I own a non-Lego fabricated Glock myself,and I agree it is a fine hand gun.

Lavacon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
This just in... A local daycare has been contained. Witnesses report that there were small adults building what appeared to be " potentially deadly weapons and devices"

more at 11

peterkidd

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I'd print out a sheet of paper with colourful language telling the guy across the street what he can go do, tape it to the window, and pull the blinds down. What an ass hole.

G

The douche that called it in from across the street was obviously not doing their job, and was wasting time staring out the window. They should be fired for lack of productivity.

I'm not at working writing this ;-)

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]you get a SWAT raining down your ass for one handgun?i would understand if he was building maybe a rail cannon but handgun isn't worth all that trouble....so who gets billed for this? hope the guy who called in gets bill for calling SWAT for one lousy "handgun"....[/citation]

It's Canada, it's rare to see even an ancient collector's pistol.

KT_WASP

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I agree with several other posters in their responses.

If this was at my workplace, then I would want the enforcement officers to go in force.. just in case. In this day when all these workplace shootings take place, I would hate to think the police would do otherwise.

If this story read " Man in office building is seen with gun, one beat cop goes to investigate and man shoots cop and 12 co-workers" Then everyone knocking the response in this instance would be like "Where were the cops.. they only send one cop in on a armed person in the middle of a work place?"

I would rather have them over react and find it was nothing, then under react and have a very bad outcome.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
The guy who saw the handgun did exactly what he should have done. Called it in. The police did exactly what they should have done. Responded as if a worker was going to go on a rampage killing several coworkers using a handgun. This is how it should always happen especially considering workers can and sometimes do "go postal".

9d3tsi

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Well, at least he wasn't running around with lego akimbo 1887's. Forget S.W.A.T, they would have had to call in an air strike.

lightsaber

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
[citation][nom]toebee[/nom]So what kind of job's allow you to play with legos, and COD?[/citation]

I'm getting my resume ready has we speak...lol

towely

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Toronto, indeed Canada, does not have "SWAT." Toronto has the "ETF" (Emergency Task Force) branch of the Metro Police.

There is the only organization in the city that uses that acronym, and it is most certainly not involved in law enforcement. http://www.walnet.org/csis/groups/swat/

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]spike53[/nom]It's illegal in Canada to have a gun that can be fired using only one hand. This means that handguns are illegal in Canada, except in the hands of cops and military. That's why SWAT came in to search.[/citation]

Not true. We have limitations on the size and caliber of our hand guns and we can't have sawed off weapons to restrict concealability, or fully automatic weapons(http://www.panda.com/canadaguns/#prohibited) And if he had the permits for it and his job allowed it theres nothing stopping the man from having a gun at work in Canada I hope that the buisy body that called the cops gets thrown in jail for this!

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
The thing is, in the pic, you can clearly see more panels on his desk to be added to the Legun. How did the guy taking pictures miss that?

Status
Not open for further replies.