SWAT Team Busts Guy For Assembling LEGO Gun

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
That is clearly not a photo from another building, it must have been some guy in the office walking past. I say he should find out who it was and threaten em with his Lego gun!

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Raid3r[/nom]Hero syndrome once again...if you really have no idea of whats going on then you prob should keep your business yo yourself and spare everyone the drama..this is NOT tv.[/citation]
No, what you're displaying is called "A disregard for public safety".

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
SWAT fail, much?

I still think this is really, really funny. It's after the SWAT team must have realized it was in LEGO pieces, they must have been like -ultimate facepalm-.

However I can't blame them for taking action in a sitation that, for surface value, appeared to pose a potential threat.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
Just because someone has a gun, does not mean the are actually about to use it. Then again, I'm in Texas, where no one would have called the police in the first place, because other people in the office would be packing too. How did the SWAT know his name anyhow????

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
You can get arrested for assembling a god damn handgun now? Since when did we start doing that? I thought we got SWAT down our necks for creating grenades , missile launchers , and heavy automatic rifles.

Scotteq

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
Well.. All the SWAT/EFT guys know is that they got a call saying "Man With A Gun...", and they responded accordingly. You might argue they didn't need to throw the guy against a wall. But, I'm sure they also had the adrenaline pumping and their procedures involve removing the "suspect" from the area where the weapon might be

Case of mistaken identity, violating Firearms Rule #1: "Never Frighten The Horses" (i.e. 'anyone who might not understand'). Even for non-owners - While it may be perfectly legal to tote around a replica where you live. If you tuck it into your pocket or waistband, walk into a public place, and someone sees it... All the cops know is "Man With A Gun", and they're *going* to behave accordingly. Generally not a wise idea to be the poor schmo who fits the description.

In this case, it's really only funny because the "weapon" was made of Legos.

G

A LEGO gun? Why? And what kind of an adult plays with building blocks, or toy guns for that matter, and at the work place no less? Good thing for Mr. Jeremy Bell being pethatic is not a crime.

Computer_Lots

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Clearly the person who called the cops has no knowledge of guns. If I saw someone "assembling" a handgun made of Legos at their desk, it'd be pretty obvious it wasn't real, even if it was a shiny black color. Real handguns don't have any tiny Lego looking pieces.

I smell a lawsuit against the Toronto police for this one. Talk about excessive force...

G

1. Is this realy a news around computers?
2. Does it play Crisys?

3. Guys this is a clear violating of lego-boy rights. First he didnt threatnd anyone, second if it would be a real gun and if it could be an office-killing spree its NOT the SWAT who should make the first contact. There should be negotiator with swat unit ready to interact. As I undertand office is NOT a public place, the lego-boy could be even an owner of the office, so what gives the police right to assault private property without court permission? Where the hell is the freedom, where the hell are rights? Is Canada a police state?
Its illegal to take and use photographs of someone in non public places without his/her permision, so I would sue that voyer from acros the street, I would sue the police squad too.

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I.. would kind of want to get busted by SWAT for having a LEGO gun.. haha

Kind of want one of those just to have it though.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]spike53[/nom]It's illegal in Canada to have a gun that can be fired using only one hand. This means that handguns are illegal in Canada, except in the hands of cops and military. That's why SWAT came in to search.[/citation]

Not true, most handguns are restricted. Not ''illegal''. However it would be illegal to carry it to work. But I think the spying douche bag who called the pigs deserve a beat down.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]fflam[/nom]my question why was someone watching him from across the street, and for that matter taking pictures of him?[/citation]

I was going to ask the same exact question. That part is kind of spooky.

[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]you get a SWAT raining down your ass for one handgun?i would understand if he was building maybe a rail cannon but handgun isn't worth all that trouble....so who gets billed for this? hope the guy who called in gets bill for calling SWAT for one lousy "handgun"....[/citation]

Apparently you don't watch the news much. There have been a lot of workplace shooting over the last few years. Police are taking this kind of thing very seriously. It is after all, a life and death situation had this been a real gun.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Man I live in Texas and we call the cops on anyone that ISN'T assembling a gun at their work station.

Also spying on people and calling the police will get you hurt.

logitic

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Well I guess I am the weird guy here. The main thing I learned from this news is that I need to shut my blinds in my office. I do all kinds of things* when I think I am alone....

Hell I am actually nervous about last Friday night. My Office was jumping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS