Switched uefi to legacy on acer aspire now black screen with writting

New1

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
Hi guys,

Went to the bios menu on acer aspire e5-551 running windows 8, changed the uefi to legacy. Now i am stuck with a black screen with writing something like, PXE-MOF EXITING PXE ROM. and some other stuff. Its not letting me switch the laptop off either.

Please help!

Thank you

Solution
For a laptop, you will have to clear the BIOS by removing the battery. Open the bottom of the laptop and locate a circular battery (MAKE SURE POWER AND BATTERY ARE REMOVED BEFORE OPENING LAPTOP), remove the battery, wait like 5 minutes, then insert it again. This will bring your BIOS settings to default.

Xyos

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
For a laptop, you will have to clear the BIOS by removing the battery. Open the bottom of the laptop and locate a circular battery (MAKE SURE POWER AND BATTERY ARE REMOVED BEFORE OPENING LAPTOP), remove the battery, wait like 5 minutes, then insert it again. This will bring your BIOS settings to default.

Solution

New1

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014

thank you very much for help, but what i did just actually came a few minutes after asking the question. So, basically i pressed control alt del, i took me to the logo and i went to the menu and it let me change back to uefi.

thanks for your help though.