Symantec Norton 360 (2014) Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

das_stig

Distinguished
Norton was a name to be trusted until Symantec got their hands on it, now I would prefer to no protection on my system than install their stuff. They don't submit their apps for real world testing, don't disclose if they have a whitelist of malware that they won't detect that is linked to security services ....

AlexPoker

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is good, but do not trust. In Russia ruled by the KGB and the Goebbels propaganda they certainly engaged in espionage. Russian security services using Kaspersky Anti-Virus for spying and stealing passwords!

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
Cons: Install requires system restart; Certain features downloaded separately;
So, a minor inconvenience once at install. 3rd "con" pricier than others. But on the other hand there is the pro: Affordably priced...

I'm sorry but I don't really see any valid cons here.

sorein

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
It is a catastrophe! It "protects" you so well that practically it ties your hands almost completely. It blocks everything so most apps become crippled. Your network connection may become hardly unusable. When you try to modified settings, you get lost in the entanglement of its stupid design (that from a long-time computer user). Even when you want to get rid of it, you cannot just uninstall that! You need a special "Norton Removal Tool"!

Shwee

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
I've been using this for the entirety of 2014, and it's worked perfectly. More expensive than Bitdefender, but after getting 5 copies for $50, and splitting the cost between 4 friends, I can't complain about <$1/month. VERY RARELY blocks something I don't want it to, and when it does, it's easy to unblock. Norton sucked 5 years ago, but they really turned around.

Status
Not open for further replies.