Synctoy Problems hanging freezing

PCGeek123

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
hi :), i hope you can help me, i use synctoy for 2 years now and had no probs so far synchronizing my files but now after 1 internal HDD died i saved all files on a new 3TB internal HDD and bought a 2nd 3TB internal HDD. i copied the whole G: to E: manually. then i added more files within 2 weeks, about 10gb in various folders) but it seems that synctoy has a prob with all new files, doesnt matter which, a WAV, a RTF, a PDF etc. i can manually copy them to E: but synctoy just stops with this message e.g.

eycTyM6.jpg

any ideas why?

i dont want to also synchronize each of the 50 folders as a pair folder seperately so i used the whole G: to echo to E: but even there the prob comes up....

if i cannot solve it i wanted to try/use another good synchronizing software? but which? THANKS

Haven't used SyncToy for a long time, so it might have issues with syncing many folders / files. I am using another Microsoft utility, RoboCopy, to sync between drives. I have created a batch file, which is then called from Task Scheduler. I can post a sample batch file which works for me.

PCGeek123

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016

thanks a lot mate but i think there is no echo option for robocopy? just updating the target files?

i would prefer a GUI.