System audio playing through microphone

Zakvvv666

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
Okay so I've seen others having this problem, but everything I try to fix it doesn't work, it makes playing games in Skype calls difficult and I'm sick of having this problem, I'm using Realtek and most people seemed to fix the issue by clicking the "Separate all input jacks as independent input devices" option but this didn't work, neither did completely muting/disabling Stereo Mix.

I don't know what to do.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Solution
Not knowing what headphone/speaker setup you have, nor your case, I'll use mine as a reference. My front panel has a analog speaker and microphone jack. If you have an analog headset, there will be one plug for each. Ensure the mic/speakers are plugged into the correct location.

If your headset is USB, then the drivers can be the only issue.

If this isn't the case, more information will be required for anybody to help with your issue.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Not knowing what headphone/speaker setup you have, nor your case, I'll use mine as a reference. My front panel has a analog speaker and microphone jack. If you have an analog headset, there will be one plug for each. Ensure the mic/speakers are plugged into the correct location.

If your headset is USB, then the drivers can be the only issue.

If this isn't the case, more information will be required for anybody to help with your issue.

Solution

Zakvvv666

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015

Using an analog headset and I'm using the jacks on the front of the PC, they're definitely plugged into the correct jacks. Not sure exactly what other information will be useful but whatever is I'll do my best to provide.