System updates android phone

Apr 24, 2018
I have Cricket as my provider when I go into settings go to about phone hit system updates and see if there's any updates it keeps telling me it has no connection retry and the last Android update was December 18th of 2017 Cricket tells me that Android doesn't automatically there's something wrong with my phone

If there is an update listed in the phone's settings as needing to be done, and you get told there is no connection, that means that the data on the device isn't working, or you have no WiFi connection.

However, if there is no update showing, and your data and/of WiFi are working, then there is no update for your device.

If you are certain it can connect to WiFi, then try turning off Data in settings, and then restart the phone. The look for updates. If it gives you the same connection message, then there is something else going on. You could try starting the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it will allow for updates then. The no connection issue should only come up if there is no way to connect or if both data and WiFi are on and in conflict (it happens). So unless there is a software issue with the phone, bad app that is blocking it, virus, malware, etc. It should work. It should say there are no updates when there aren't any.

Apr 24, 2018
I also tried turning off Wi-Fi and using data only it gives me the same message I check for viruses with a v g and it tells me nothing I had an issue with Zedge app where kept initial optimizing applications deleted Zedge threat stopped about a week ago I was able to check system updates and it says no updates available it does tell me the last time that I had an update was December 18th of 2017 don't know if that's the last update Android

Well Android has had many updates and upgrades, but not all devices are set to get those updates/upgrades. Depends on the manufacturer. And older devices just can't handle the newer versions with the resources they and the apps that work in them need.

Without knowing what the device is, I can't say for sure what updates it should be able to accept. But most devices have a set limitation. You can usually find the info if you go and do a specs (specifications) search for the device on Google or another search engine. Most lists will have a Android version that it comes with and 'some' will also so the max version the phone can handle.

Apr 24, 2018
Phone is it a grand Max z988 I have marshmallow Android 6.0 I looked at that list and it showed a percentage but I don't really understand it thank you for spending this time with me

I don't find any specs on how high that device can go, so at present, there may not be a limitation or it may not be upgradable past its current version. I would check with the manufacturer rather than the carrier/service provider who you contacted before. They can tell you for sure how far it can be upgraded.