Systemax Buys Circuit City Name, Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Why sell so cheap. Circuit city's name(even thoe extinct) is worth more than that I think. But what I really don't understand is why systemax, having already compusa would add its main competitor to its stable.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
CompUSA for computers and related items, Circuit City for general appliances and electronics (camera's, tvs, etc...). It just makes sense that way.

I can't explain why Best Buy is so successful, but in general selling washing machines and computers isn't a smart business practice, the two are completely unrelated items.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
because all of that money goes to systemmax. If people choose CompUSA over CC or the otherway around, it still goes to the same back account.... SystemMax

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
If CC goes back into business ill be the first to fill out an application. Working there was so much fun. We do need some competition for bestbuy, people who work at bestbuy are such assholes same with walmart.

LOL i went into walmart today with my CC shirt, i had to look at cameras cause i need one, and the guess that worked there gave me a nasty mean look. I also listened to this guys trying to explain camera specs to a customer, he made shit up left and right.

aj28

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
If I were offered my old job at my new job's pay... I'd be back in a heartbeat. CCity was a great company to work for, they just offered a poor selection of products and inconsistently (albeit consistently unwelcoming) store design. If Systemax transformed CCity the way they have CompUSA, I would gladly be a part of that team again.

G

I know here in Jacksonville FL the two CompUSA storefronts that were taken over last year about this time are either in the same strip mall or across the road from closed CC stores. The two Orlando stores are a quarter-mile and two miles away from former CC storefronts. I doubt Systemax is going to want to keep two storefronts in such close proximity.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I hope they bring back the local circuit city, I don't shop at best buy. I bought my last two TV's from circuit city and they gave me very good deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.