T-Mobile Announces iPhone 6 Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I guess I'm one of the people you think have lost their minds. I would, and have, paid that much for a good smart phone. I can carry it around practically anywhere and use it for almost all of my internet, phone, texting, streaming, gaming needs.

Let's walk side by side and you be using your netbook while I use my phone. Guaranteed mine will be more useful and you will look like a moron trying to walk and browse the internet, or whatever you're trying to do on a netbook.

While we're at it, since you seem to dislike technology progression, sell me your car and buy a nice pair of shoes and a bike. You'll save TONS! Good logic you have.

FloppyNacho

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
I guess I'm one of the people you think have lost their minds. I would, and have, paid that much for a good smart phone. I can carry it around practically anywhere and use it for almost all of my internet, phone, texting, streaming, gaming needs.

Let's walk side by side and you be using your netbook while I use my phone. Guaranteed mine will be more useful and you will look like a moron trying to walk and browse the internet, or whatever you're trying to do on a netbook.

While we're at it, since you seem to dislike technology progression, sell me your car and buy a nice pair of shoes and a bike. You'll save TONS! Good logic you have.

You don't have to be so inflammatory to get your point across. :/

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
No, while I'm walking along, I'll be paying attention to my surroundings. When I get to where I'm going, I can make any calls I need to, then polish off that letter, add those final entries to a proposal, and send a few emails. I'll be using a keyboard, so I expect to finish way before someone trying to do these things on a phone screen.
If this is instead a contest, where I am limited to a single device to accomplish these tasks, I'll choose an inexpensive (<$150) slider from Motorola or Samsung to have a keyboard.
The point is, $650 (or more) is an insane price to pay for what you get.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
I bought my samsung galaxy s2 used off eBay for $80, got it on freedompop ($20 one-time activation fee) and I pay $0/mo. I play games, listen to mp3, watch mp4 or browser web/youtube there just fine.

daveeede

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
meanwhile in Quebec/Canada : iphone 5s 64GB is 149$ with a 79,99$ per month with a 24 month plan :

http://www.videotron.com/residential/mobile/devices-and-accessories/phones/iphone-5s-64gb

And that's one of the better deals out there in Quebec. It's worse everywhere else.

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
$650 for a phone???????? Have people lost their minds???? Get a cheap $150 phone, and a $300 Netbook.
You had me until you said netbook. Those are pieces of crap. I can see why you would be satisfied with an inexpensive phone...

Just buy a Nexus device. Certifiably better than iPoS (tm). My 300 phone is still roughly on par with an iPhone and it was a third of the price. Frankly, anyone who wants a legit smartphone and doesn't buy the Nexus line is a moron - there's simply so much value for your money in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.