T460s VS X1 Carbon

Speed Fung

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Please help me choose between this 2 laptops (same price). T460s provide better specs (below) however x1 carbon is more portable design and longer battery. i also heard a lot of negative battery feedbacks with the t460s. Does both of these machine handle heat well? For consideration, i study EEE so matlab etc. and i do some light gaming such as lol.

T460s
Intel® Core™ i7-6600U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.4GHz)
12GB 2133MHz DDR4 (8GB onboard + 4GB SODIMM) (Max 12GB) / 0 free slot
256GB SSD SATA
14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080)
NVIDIA® Geforce 930M, 2GB

X1 Carbon
Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.1GHz)
onboard 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 (Max 8GB) / 0 free slots
512GB SSD SATA
14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080)
Intel® HD Graphics 520

Solution
Totally unrelated to your actual question, but I see both laptops are IBM/Lenova. I will be the first to admit that it has been a long while since I used a ThinkPad (4-5 years).

One of the major complaints I had with these machines was their trackpad and that stupid stick. Looking at both the machines you listed, visually it appears the same. Things could have improved considerably. But my experience using it undocked from my office (with wireless mouse) was frustrating and would have me doing an in-person examination to determine the current functionality.

Just something to think about.

nolimits76

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Totally unrelated to your actual question, but I see both laptops are IBM/Lenova. I will be the first to admit that it has been a long while since I used a ThinkPad (4-5 years).

One of the major complaints I had with these machines was their trackpad and that stupid stick. Looking at both the machines you listed, visually it appears the same. Things could have improved considerably. But my experience using it undocked from my office (with wireless mouse) was frustrating and would have me doing an in-person examination to determine the current functionality.

Just something to think about.

Solution